What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyboard dock & Apple ipad cover

bbmountain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that you can't put your iPad onto the keyboard dock when it's in the Apple iPad cover? I was hoping that it would work, but the cover is just thick enough to prevent the iPad from going down onto the connector. It's rather a pain to take the iPad out of the cover because it does not slide at all well...the cover has almost a rubbery type feel to it which makes sliding difficult (which in most cases is a good thing!) By the way, I don't mean trying to put the iPad on the dock with the front case cover folded around the back...I tried with the cover just opened up to the side. Has anyone made a cutout on the bottom back so that it will fit down onto the connector?

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The lip on the apple case is deliberate to give it a degree of crash protection.

That said you could trim some of it away with a scalpel or sharp blade of some sort without too much damage.

Good luck and post a photo if it works :)

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have seen a review where someone did cut out a piece of the Apple case in order to use the Apple dock, so it is possible.

Most reactions

Latest posts