What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 custom grid tweak - help required

Chrislikesjell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
image.jpg image.jpg

apologise if I'm posting in an incorrect place and also if talking about jail broken devices etc isn't allowed.

My friend recently showed me his iPad 3 which he jailbroke and I think some of the tweaks are rather useful so I took the time to research and I jailbroke my iPad 2.

I downloaded a tweak called "custom grid" which allows the user to change the amount of rows and columns on the home screen. I changed it to 5x5 which is fine when using my iPad in portrait mode but when I'm using it in landscape the fifth row doesn't squeeze up like I thought it would. I've taken screenshots which I've attached above.

I was wondering if someone has com across this before and knows an alternative tweak available on Cydia?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Take a look at the tweak "MoreIcons." I've used it successfully and the icons are the same layout in both portrait and landscape mode.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

MOVING TO HACKING
P.S. And, since you talk about a jailbroken device, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Springtomize is also an excellent choice and has many customization options for your device.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I prefer Iconoclasm generally speaking. Then again, it's user preference on the appearance you're trying to achieve. I scale down my icons and remove the labeling for my icons, then I kind of scrunch them up a little bit for a more dense view. Generally if you want to keep the same layout in portrait and landscape, you'll need to compromise the padding between each icon, otherwise it tends to go off-screen like in the images. There are also other alternatives but having used Iconoclasm since the beginning of time, I find it more reliable.

Most reactions

Latest posts