What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 cases

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The streaks are just where the cover doesn't touch the screen due to the fold areas. I get the same thing with my targus 360 case as it has 3 seams and the dust doesn't get wiped away. Not an issue at all, it's just dust which wipes away with a brush of your fingers :)

I am getting a black leather smart cover as a birthday gift next week and am really looking forward to it!

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF
Sweet. I can't wait, then. :D From day one that's what I wanted, I was skeptical because some said the magnets left marks and that those ridges left permanent streaks.. but I'll be very ginger with that screen so I won't have a problem.

D Roc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tzimisce said:
I have a bunch of Saddleback Leather items, and they make just about the best leather products on the face of the planet - but I don't like the design of their iPad cases. The leather case which I do have, though, is from Oberon Design.

I will have to check that out. I'm just a fan of saddle backs products. More if a fan of any good quality leather items though.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iPF.

D Roc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kukulcan said:
The saddleback seems to be a great case, there are some reviews to find on the net...but the leather does not support a typing position so I didnt buy it.

It has enough lift for me to type when I fold the case over and and put the straps in the slot. If I need it to be a lil more sturdy then I will slide my iPhone in the gap sideways.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

poochi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am going to buy my ipad tomorrow, will pick a case as well.

azulastrella

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just bought my iPad2 this week and immediately went to get a smart cover after seeing the video on how it works. I have to say though, I'm a little disappointed at how flimsy it is for the price, and the fact that there's no back protector to go with it. Its a little bit awkward for standing up at first. Also falls off easily if you flip it back when holding your iPad. I do however, like the tight magnetic fit when its closed and how it turns the device on and off when opening and closing...i also wish they offered more colors.

TMWeddle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
rustymailbox.blogspot.com
I was at a CVS store and noted they had silicone cases for iPad and iPad2 - looked nice but I don't think the smart cover would work. Ten dollars for the iPad2 version

Sent from my iPad using 

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ya get what you pay for. Silicone case get sloppy loose over time.

TraumaBoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the smart case with the iPad2, but within a week got an Otter Box Defender case. It suited me better, as I may be a little rough with it (but haven't dropped it as yet) and i felt I could carry the iPad with more confidence. I do not need the military spec ruggedness of the griffin survivor case, and prefer to touch and see the lovely iPad screen in all its glory, so did not get a case with built in screen protector. Not fussed on looking fashionable, but as they say black goes with anything. The Otter Box does have it's flaws and those choosing a case you just have to pick the most suitable, and for my usage it was the defender case.

M

Manou

I want to share my case from Reauthored. They make them by hand out of old books. It's a really cool looking case, not too heavy and nobody notices me carrying around an iPad anymore, just this old book. :)

The problem with that case is that you have no access to any of the ports and buttons. I love the idea of a case made out of a printed book and have made several myself - making sure all ports/buttons are accessible.
My latest one is here:
iPad 2 cover/case made from a published book by DressedByManuela

Here is one I made a while ago - perfect for a girl that loves cupcakes :)

I am happy to do custom orders ;)

c7fc5c46.jpg

ca34de67.jpg

50f2501d.jpg

1da5c6b3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MrWonderful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Leather case with removeable keyboard

Saw this case in one of those airport stores. It was real good leather with a removable keyboard that was velcroed on.It was 139.00 and I thought a little high in price. Didn't get the name of it. Anyone seen anything like this? Or what would you recommend with a keyboard that is removable.

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got a handmade Portenzo case and it's utterly amazing. Just what I hoped. Looks like I'm carrying around a notebook like the old days. So many nice touches and I love the small hole for the camera covered by the cover strap and, finally, a convenient spot to carry my stylus.

albert2k

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchase Otello for my wife iPad. I start to looking another one for mine but not find other better for mine and purchase the otello too. I prefer that my iPad have a good case just in case.

Most reactions

Latest posts