What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 cases

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Received my malware C.E.O.Case today. I'm torn overs weather I like it or not. First I love the feel of the outside of the case it just enough give to well feels great! It has a thatched design that looks very classy not as shinny as the pictures on the web but just enough. It has a hard shell inner and then a soft fabric. Edges are protected by the corner snap in's. it does not add very much thickness to the IPAD and I feel very confident that"ll protect from drops. Access to all ports and switches are fine not perfect but acceptable. The speaker has ample holes to allow clear sound its, not perfect alignment but it" s o.k. The smart feature works great!. In portrait mode there is a hand strap which allows you to safely hold the IPAD tapping around with one hand as the hand strap carries the load. It works better than I expected I love this feature as I spend a lot of time reading. The three position grooves work as any other I can type but if you tap on the very top of the screen it will slide out of the groove, just like any other. When in full typing angle the case does gives due to the flap folded underneath but not really noticeable. When you close the case there are three friction clips two on the upper corner which cover the power and volume and one near the bottom right corner. These hold the flap down but they are not long enough to tightly close the flap. They do not fit perfect however the flap is secure and does not flap open on it's own. I've heard reports on other cases were too tight and could damage the IPAD. Time will tell if after it breaks in and becomes too loose. Over all I like the case it's just that the minor details and I mean they are minor kinda bug me. My son says I'm nut case (pun play on words) and the apple smart case was fine! All-In-all I prefer this over the my leather smart case or any other best buy case out there. So because it feels so good to carry, gives great protection yet thin, has great features and is light and usable for my needs I will guess i''ll keep this case.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Pingles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will be buying the Yoobao recommended on the Youtube review roundup linked a few posts ago.

Looks like PYRUS is rebranding the Yoobao.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Pyrus-Electronics-Genuine-Leather-generation/dp/B004RBT9XW/ref=pd_cp_e_1]Amazon.com: Pyrus Electronics (TM) Genuine Leather Case for iPad 2 (latest generation) (Black): Electronics[/ame]

I'll report back when I get it with a few photos.

kaschmoney18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does the switcheasy canvas case stand up in a portrait position? If so, can anybody take photos of this? Does it fall over when you touch it? Thanks

Kcteacher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My husband was given a case, as were others, while waiting in line at the Apple store for my ipad2. Didn't get the iPad that day, but got an amazing case that let's me work on my lap and read in bed! Thanks, Targus, you rock! Also, it is very protective without covering the face of the ipad2. It sits in a snap in plastic frame and closes with a thick elastic band.

Last edited:

Madchiller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my Marware CEO Hybrid today, and so far I really like it! It seems to offer good protection, and is built well. Time will tell how it holds up!

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

ZibaWal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Madchiller said:
I got my Marware CEO Hybrid today, and so far I really like it! It seems to offer good protection, and is built well. Time will tell how it holds up!

Where are u guys receiving from? Mine is ordered from adorama. Please advise me.

Madchiller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ZibaWal said:
Where are u guys receiving from? Mine is ordered from adorama. Please advise me.

I ordered direct from Marware. It was $49, but I was tired of waiting. Adorama's price of $29 was hard to pass up, but it didn't look like they were getting it anytime soon, as they kept pushing back their shipping dates.

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a great value ($39.50). The fit (iPad 2) is excellent, with all of the switches and ports exposed. The case is very stable either at a low angle (for typing) or a high angle. Quality of the stitching and leather seems very good. The color of the brown leather is quite close to the pictures in the Amazon listing. There is a slight chemical smell but I assume that it will fade with time. The lid apparently contains some magnets because the "sleep" feature seems to work.

The case adds very little to the thickness of the iPad 2. As best as I can measure the case is just over 1/2" thick with the iPad 2 inside.

If you want something that will give a good amount of protection for your iPad while looking fairly professional this case (which is manufactured by Yoobao) is a very good choice. Available in black, brown and red leather (and this is leather, not synthetic).

Amazon.com: Pyrus Electronics (TM) Genuine Leather Case for iPad 2 (latest generation) (Brown): Electronics

Thanks for the link, I just ordered the brown leather one. I was looking for a reasonably priced leather case for my iPad 2. And it looks like the leather holding the iPad in doesn't get close to the screen like I've seen in other cases.
Should have it Thursday with my free Amazon Prime shipping. I'll post a short review when I get it in. Should keep my iPad 2 (and me) happy until I find another case to buy.

NAYo2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does the switcheasy canvas case stand up in a portrait position? If so, can anybody take photos of this? Does it fall over when you touch it? Thanks

Nope it doesn't stand up in portrait position. You can sort of prop it up like that but it's not very stable.

NAYo2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfbM9o8xzLw]YouTube - Marware CEO Hybrid iPad 2 Case[/ame]

Whitecheddar22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pingles said:
I bought the Griffin Folio for my original iPad and it served it's purpose well (it's on as I type this) but sometimes it feels like the case weighs more than the iPad itself.

So for my iPad2 (arriving next week) I want something light. I am very gentle with my iPad but carry it everywhere.

I am torn between the Griffin Folio Slim and the Marware CEO.

Currently Griffin is the top choice if only because it's out now.

The CEO is out now I order mine on Friday

Sent from my iPad using iPF

King

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the switch easy trig black. A beautiful case in my opinion. I was worried at the start as the pictures made it look kind of fat and like a pillow. when it came it was very slim and sleek. I also use a black leather smart cover in conjunction with the trig.

Eran0801

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've personally only seen two in person. One was the smart cover that I purchased. I also played around with the Griffin slim portfolio case that was in Best Buy. It was only $35 but the leather seemed pretty cheap.

I purchased that case because it was between that and the smart cover and I wanted some back protection so I chosenthe leather griffin case. The case works very well however the stitching is starting to fray and the leather is cheap. I am now in the market for a new case.

cvadh387

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I currently have this for my iPad 2:

Targus - A7 Sleeve and Screen Protector for Apple® iPad™ - Blue - BUS023301

It's basically an iPad sleeve... And it also comes with one screen protector. I liked it because of the price since it was on sale. One thing that was kind of a bummer is that the screen protector was probably made for the first generation iPad because there was no cut out hole at the top for the front facing camera. I am planning on getting a new screen protector in the future but in the mean time I cut out a hole in the screen protector for the camera. I didn't want to at first but decided to when I noticed that the screen protector made the camera lens blurry.

Anyway, that's all I'm using to protect my iPad 2 right now. Earlier I was contemplating on getting the apple smart cover but now I'm not so sure. I'm not fond of the price. I want something to protect the back and I found this link from this website in another thread. It's a hard shell cover for the back designed for the iPad 2 and it's compatible with the apple smart case. I want to get it but I would prefer to read reviews or find a video on YouTube about first but I couldn't find one... Do any of you guys have this?

Here is the link: SmartFit2 Clear for iPad 2 - iPad / iPhone Protection - Products

Most reactions

Latest posts