What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 cases

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My dream case... does it exist?

I want the MicroShell Folio iPad 2 case and the TUNEFOLIO URBAN for iPad 2 case to have a baby. Actually really I want something like the MicroShells 3 or 4 panel fold-back cover, with a shoulder straps, and access to the back camera.

I'm scouring the internetz but can't find anything close that matches. I either get the "Smart Cover" and no strap, or folio style covers with a strap. I'd take extra mass in the case to support the straps. Like say you put the strap point connection points on the opposite side from the Smart Cover hinge, maybe along the top or bottom... I don't know, I'm not a designer.

The worst of all is I keep finding handbag like things or mini-backpacks, yuck. I'm fairly on the go at work and really want my iPad 2 accessible without having to keep setting it down when I need a second hand. I guess the idea like the Pro iPad Case but again with less cover flopping all over the back side. The multi-fold design of the smart covers seem like the ideal way to get that done, micro-fiber or no.

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of the carrying bags but the urban looks nice. I like how it doesn't take too much to access it on the go. I find that is why I have never thought of having any kind of carrying cases.

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I may just be swallowing my desire and getting the Urban anyways. I really need the easy access, on the go case... I'd just like it better with a Smart Cover style cover :( . I'll let you know how it works out.

Gorio B.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haven't received my iPad 2 (64 gig), yet,but I wonder if there is anything in the works at Mophie.I have an iPhone 4 and keep it in the Mophie Juice Pack-two thousand miliamp/hour version,which adds to the size and weight a bit,but gives the phone a nice heft and feels good in my hand.Wonder if the same could be done for the iPad 2?

freekfc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope lot of cases will come to holland fast! I have the smart cover for now but I really want to protect the back.. but also want to halve the smart cover :)

hopefully something like this is comming :D

tgreenstein

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pyrus (Yoobao) Electronics (TM) Genuine Leather Case for iPad 2

This is a great value ($39.50). The fit (iPad 2) is excellent, with all of the switches and ports exposed. The case is very stable either at a low angle (for typing) or a high angle. Quality of the stitching and leather seems very good. The color of the brown leather is quite close to the pictures in the Amazon listing. There is a slight chemical smell but I assume that it will fade with time. The lid apparently contains some magnets because the "sleep" feature seems to work.

The case adds very little to the thickness of the iPad 2. As best as I can measure the case is just over 1/2" thick with the iPad 2 inside.

If you want something that will give a good amount of protection for your iPad while looking fairly professional this case (which is manufactured by Yoobao) is a very good choice. Available in black, brown and red leather (and this is leather, not synthetic).

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Pyrus-Electronics-Genuine-Leather-generation/dp/B004SBEP0S/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top"]Amazon.com: Pyrus Electronics (TM) Genuine Leather Case for iPad 2 (latest generation) (Brown): Electronics[/ame]

joeaguayo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Smart Cover Compatible Case

I recently purchased a melkco leather snap cover to protect the back of my iPad 2 from carrymobile for $59. I came across the melkco case when searching for a cover compatible with Apple's Smart Cover. The case is held in place at the corners by ~ 20mm plastic sections that wrap around the top of the iPad. The packaging claims the case is hand-made, which might explain why the case is not symmetrical. The inside of the case is lined with felt to prevent the back of the iPad from being scratched. The outside of the case has the grain of a football to prevent slippage and hide scratches. Overall, the quality is good and completely compatible with the Smart Cover. For anyone that has a Smart Cover and wants to protect the back of their iPad 2, I would recommend the melkco case. For those who do not have a Smart Cover, I would recommend Saddleback Leather’s iPad 2 case. The latter will save you $24, protect all sides of your iPad give your iPad a distinguished look.

http://www.carrymobile.com/scripts/main/viewitem-APIPA2LOLT1BKLC-IPA2.html

http://www.saddlebackleather.com/categories/130

brianbimmer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi folks,
New member, new ipad owner, first Apple product besides my router, really enjoying it. I just wanted to put in a plug for the Switcheasy Canvas case, really nice, solid great quality. I highly recommend it. :)

cheers,
Brian

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
joeaguayo said:
I recently purchased a melkco leather snap cover to protect the back of my iPad 2 from carrymobile for $59. I came across the melkco case when searching for a cover compatible with Apple's Smart Cover. The case is held in place at the corners by ~ 20mm plastic sections that wrap around the top of the iPad. The packaging claims the case is hand-made, which might explain why the case is not symmetrical. The inside of the case is lined with felt to prevent the back of the iPad from being scratched. The outside of the case has the grain of a football to prevent slippage and hide scratches. Overall, the quality is good and completely compatible with the Smart Cover. For anyone that has a Smart Cover and wants to protect the back of their iPad 2, I would recommend the melkco case. For those who do not have a Smart Cover, I would recommend Saddleback Leather’s iPad 2 case. The latter will save you $24, protect all sides of your iPad give your iPad a distinguished look.

http://www.carrymobile.com/scripts/main/viewitem-APIPA2LOLT1BKLC-IPA2.html

http://www.saddlebackleather.com/categories/130

$104? No offense but That is just stupid. It doesn't even look as good as the cases posted in this thread. It looks about as good as the $12 I ordered from eBay.

64GB 3G White iPad

Richman1975

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got my Switcheasy CANVAS today, ordered on Thursday. Very nice product. Stinks when you take it out of the box. Sleep function works perfect. Closing tab is kind of stiff at first, then gets alot easier. Overall I'm very pleased.

TyCo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Starting a thread to get an idea of what third party cases are out there. Please tell me what kind of case you got, why you got it and if you could please post a link to the website. I am looking for a case that acts like a smart cover and protects the back with multiple angles of viewing. I am looking at the targus 360 degree case but I'm not too keen on the looks so some other options would be great. Thanks in advance.

This is a great case. Fits perfectly, has the sleep feature and is way less than a case that seemed identical at Best Buy (Best Buy wanted $60, this one is only $30).

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004WKQV2A]Amazon.com: iBattery (TM) iPad 2 Leather Case Folio iPad2 Case with 3-in-1 Stand. Luxury case at a discount price! For iPad 2 (2nd generation) tablet (black): Electronics[/ame]

Hope this helps!

TMWeddle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
rustymailbox.blogspot.com
An STM jacket bag for iPad2 just arrived. It's just what I needed. Will give great protection when going for place to place, has three pockets, handle and strap. I use the smart cover and have a Gelaskin so didn't need a folio but something to carry it in - this will fill the bill. It's offered on eBay by eBags for less than they list it on their site.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
104? No offense but That is just stupid. It doesn't even look as good as the cases posted in this thread. It looks about as good as the $12 I ordered from eBay.

Looks aside, I don't think there's even a comparison between a genuine fullhide leather product like Saddleback vs a synthetic product costing a tenth of it. Genuine leather has qualities which make it durable, and it seasons with use and age; synthetic (e.g. fake leather) items run down very quickly, as they cannot resist wear or be maintained the way a genuine leather does.

Most reactions

Latest posts