What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 cases

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Very nice sleeve

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4uUhWtYDPk&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - G-Form bowling ball drop on its Extreme Sleeve[/ame]

Pingles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the Griffin Folio for my original iPad and it served it's purpose well (it's on as I type this) but sometimes it feels like the case weighs more than the iPad itself.

So for my iPad2 (arriving next week) I want something light. I am very gentle with my iPad but carry it everywhere.

I am torn between the Griffin Folio Slim and the Marware CEO.

Currently Griffin is the top choice if only because it's out now.

NAYo2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SwitchEasy Canvas

Got my SwitchEasy Canvas in brown today, still waiting for the iPad 2 lol. Will post more pics when I have my iPad... Some pics:

Folded back to use the camera:
P4162241.JPG

Close up shot to show stitching and canvas material:
P4162239.JPG

Plastic close up:
P4162243.JPG

Showing how close the lid's lip come to the edge, it's a little difficult to close but nothing too hard if you pull the cover all the way to the right:
P4162245.JPG

In its packaging:
P4162234.JPG

Typing position 2 (to ensure inside of the cover doesn't come in contact with dirty surfaces):
IMAG0003.jpg

Cover folded all the way back... also flash is turned off to show more realistic colors:
IMAG0002.jpg

Last edited:

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pingles said:
I am torn between the Griffin Folio Slim and the Marware CEO.

Currently Griffin is the top choice if only because it's out now.

I wouldn't recommend the griffin at all. I bought one when I bought my iPad 2 on release day and after less than 2 weeks it was starting to look shabby. I initially was taken with its slim profile and quite good protection, but I didn't like all the threads constantly hanging off the edges.

I currently have a Targus 360 on order, butvi am very taken with the Switcheasy Canvas

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bullka said:
Hi,
I have a quick question.
Can Smart Cover and Silicone Protective Case (whatever.. for instance that one: $5.40 - Protective Silicone Back Case for iPad 2 - Green - Cases & Protectors) be used together at the same time?

Has anybody tried that?

Thanks

EDIT: Oh.. I just found that one side shouldn't be covered with silicone where the Smart Cover is going to be attached.

Just cut a small area with scissors or a knife. I did it with my hard plastic case.

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
bullka said:
Hi,
I have a quick question.
Can Smart Cover and Silicone Protective Case (whatever.. for instance that one: $5.40 - Protective Silicone Back Case for iPad 2 - Green - Cases & Protectors) be used together at the same time?

Has anybody tried that?

Thanks

EDIT: Oh.. I just found that one side shouldn't be covered with silicone where the Smart Cover is going to be attached.

Just cut a small area with scissors or a knife. I did it with my hard plastic case.

Sure that can be done. By I will wait till somebody releases a cheap smart cover ready silicon cover (like that one: CLEAR SMART COVER COMPANION CASE FOR APPLE IPAD 2 | eBay but it's too expensive to send to Europe).

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you cut small sections and use a ruler to put a line on the case you should be fine. Ho much is the case?

NAYo2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A good round up of cases and skins
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P34j1_wBiKo]YouTube - iPad 2 Case and Skin Round Up[/ame]

Pingles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend the griffin at all. I bought one when I bought my iPad 2 on release day and after less than 2 weeks it was starting to look shabby. I initially was taken with its slim profile and quite good protection, but I didn't like all the threads constantly hanging off the edges.

This is the third time I've heard about the shabby quality on the iPad 2 case. That's kinda heartbreaking because my Griffin case has been on my iPad 1for over a year of every day use and looks brand new. Sorry to hear they are having quality issues. *sigh*

Hufn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bullka said:
Hi,
I have a quick question.

Has anybody tried that?

Thanks

Sure that can be done. By I will wait till somebody releases a cheap smart cover ready silicon cover (like that one: CLEAR SMART COVER COMPANION CASE FOR APPLE IPAD 2 | eBay but it's too expensive to send to Europe).

That's the one I reviewed just in clear.

hewes26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Belkin Flip Folio Stand for iPad 2

I bought the Flip Folio Stand for iPad 2 from the Belkin webiste. It's just great - fits the iPad 2 nicely; access to camera, dock connector, on/off, slider, and all else is easy. It's a sturdy full-wrap case and lets you prop the iPad horizontally at several angles and vertically with a little fooling with the case back. Worth the somewhat steep $40 in my experience. Good for a small backback while traveling, too.

Linnk: Belkin Flip Folio Stand for iPad 2 F8N612tt

Most reactions

Latest posts