What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 cases

Reaction score
JJK said:
A lot of people mention the magnets for the sleep function, but can someone please clarify? Mine is set that the screen turns off after 2 minutes, so my guessmis that the sleep function is usefull if you do not have set the auto-lock, which makes sense if you are watching movies and such. Is is correct?

Another issue is the cases that have space for a stylus. What is the benefit of a stylus? Typing isnthat much faster....

Sent from my iPad using iPF

You have to differentiate between Autolock (Screen On/Off) and Passcodelock (asks for password on reactivation).

The SmartCover replaces Autolock, as it turns the screen automatically off/on, but it does not bypass the passcode lock. So if you have a passcode lock set, removing the cover will turn on the screen, but you still enter the password. Regardless of whether passcode lock is set, you don't have to press any hardware buttons to activate the screen.

The main use of a stylus would be for handwritten notes.

Hufn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I just got the back that was posted originally on the bottom of page 10. This was a current listing as I am posting this:

BLACK SMART COVER COMPANION TPU CASE FOR APPLE IPAD 2 | eBay

I just got it today and really like it alot. I considered the targus, but didn't see great reviews. Almost bought the canvas, but they are out of stock and I wanted something sooner. I won the auction Tues aft and it arrived today...

My brief review: It is made to work with the smart cover - I have the black leather (didn't realize it was leather, just wanted black to go with my black ipad - wasn't till I got home that I noticed the receipt was higher than I expected - and since it's not that close, it's not quite worth returning at this point ;)

It is fairly light - made of tpu as the post states - although a little heavier than I expected. It fits very well overall, except at the 30pin connector and side switch there is very little material between it and the edge so it flexes slightly. I don't see how any company could reinforce that well - maybe with a metal/plastic rod in it, but other than that very snug. It is not a preventative for water and such - the ports are all open, as well as the speaker area. However, the cutouts are placed extremely well. It has a lip all the way round which comes over to the front to hold it in place. It was easy to install - took a min or so to stretch around.

One thing I found that was great - with the leather cover there is a slight lip at the edge of the smart cover. Think where the material is sewn I would guess. That sits perfectly on the lip of the back and seals off the screen completely. I was getting the dreaded lines across the screen in the creases of the smart cover, which was annoying, and I am hoping this will cut that down. We will see...

Also, I have been using a lot as a book, both reading and for instruction, and pulling the smart cover off so as to only hold the ipad. This feels great and the cover still pops right off...

Overall, for $13, it's a hell of a deal imho. The guy I bought it from is not listed there right now - his listing was removed as the guy listed in this post accused him of stealing photos, but I am pretty sure they are all alike.

Ottomobile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
duc996 said:

I just got the Zagg case with keyboard. It's now Logitech by Zagg. They must have merged somehow. Anyway, it's very nice. Really holds the iPad2 tight, keyboard pairing is a breeze and it has iPad specific function keys which makes it a great mate for the iPad2. It will be used mostly when I'm on the road. I use the Apple iPad Smart Cover around the house and it's super.

DPL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am loving this Ipad. Just ordered the Switcheasy Canvas. It seems to have features that I am interested in.

Phine00Del

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LolaAM said:
I just ordered Aviiq's, smart cover compatible, Smart Case for iPad 2. I liked that the colors matched the smart covers. Unfortunately, there's a wait, but they are offering free shipping and 20% off via code found on their FB page. 

http://www.aviiq.com/products/case-stands/smart-case/
Code: AVIIQLIKE

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Does anyone have this case that could post pictures of it in their iPad. I love how it looks on the website but they don't that many pictures. Also if you do have this case, do you like it? Pros and cons?

Thanks!

LolaAM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LolaAM
I just ordered Aviiq's, smart cover compatible, Smart Case for iPad 2. I liked that the colors matched the smart covers. Unfortunately, there's a wait, but they are offering free shipping and 20% off via code found on their FB page. 

http://www.aviiq.com/products/case-stands/smart-case/
Code: AVIIQLIKE

Phine00Del said:
Does anyone have this case that could post pictures of it in their iPad. I love how it looks on the website but they don't that many pictures. Also if you do have this case, do you like it? Pros and cons?

Thanks!

No, there's a delay on it. Mine won't arrive for a couple of weeks.

AJsAWiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Phine00Del said:

Thanks!

I don't think anyone has this case yet. Last time I looked it was still pre order (status). When I pre ordered mine a $39.99 pre charge appeared then dropped off. So, no shipping yet I presume.

AJsAWiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great idea! If I hadn't already gotten the smart cover and pre ordered the Aviiq back cover, I would have purchased this. An excellent solution :ipad-case:

Most reactions

Latest posts