What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 cases

obione

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SELECTPRO iPad 2 Case

Starting a thread to get an idea of what third party cases are out there. Please tell me what kind of case you got, why you got it and if you could please post a link to the website. I am looking for a case that acts like a smart cover and protects the back with multiple angles of viewing. I am looking at the targus 360 degree case but I'm not too keen on the looks so some other options would be great. Thanks in advance.

The SmartCase by Apple is a good concept but fails to give the iPad 2 full protection. The rate in which apple brings new models out i want to make sure my device is in tip top condition to be able to sell on when i replace it. Having purchased the SELECTPRO case on Amazon uk i can safely say my iPad 2 is now fully protected. It also utilizes the same feature in the iPad 2 as the SmartCase, the auto wake and sleep sensor and also offers over 20 viewing angles. Just head over to [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/SELECTPRO-Executive-Leather-Features-Function/dp/B004UAJKDE/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1302521797&sr=8-5"]Amazon uk [/ame]and type in [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/SELECTPRO-Executive-Leather-Features-Function/dp/B004UAJKDE/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1302521797&sr=8-5"]SELECTPRO iPad 2 case[/ame] and take a look.

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the functionality of the SELECTPRO case. Looks great. Is that a button to latch it?

AJsAWiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2 case abundance

Hello Everyone,
new here. SO i had my eyes on the Scoche for a long time.. then i stumbled onto the Pixelskin from Speck.
I love it! the cobalt blue will anhance my white pad. But it has the smart from with a complete back wrap, like the I-Pad. this was important to me. SO i am eagerly waiting for the release!
Speck | iPhone Cases | iPad Cases | MacBook Cases |iPod Cases | Droid Cases | iPhone Case
Link1369

The Speck cases, especially the one you mentioned, look very nice. I like the iGuy case/stand. It's not practical but oh so cute :eek:
After agonizing a bit I settled on Apple's smart cover and matching Aviiq back cover (on order). There are so many iPad2 cases either available now or shipping soon. Seems like there is something for everyone :)

BangBangAnnie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a smart cover for around the house, then place iPad into a sleeve for travel/commute. [ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003HF2JAE]Amazon.com: Universal Soft Sleeve Pouch for the Apple iPad and 8 - 10" Netbook Laptop - Black Neoprene Cover Case with Double Zipper: Electronics[/ame] This was one of few I could find with a 2nd zipper pocket, handy for my iPod, MiFi, and cleaning cloths.

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BangBangAnnie said:
I have a smart cover for around the house, then place iPad into a sleeve for travel/commute. Video Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003HF2JAE This was one of few I could find with a 2nd zipper pocket, handy for my iPod, MiFi, and cleaning cloths.

That's basically what I did. But I got sick of almost losing the sleeve on the bus so I ordered a case off eBay.

64GB 3G White iPad

NCTurner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone used something similar to this? (I know it's not out, but there are some similar cases already released.) Thoughts? I just am wondering if it would get too annoying peeling it off of the velcro. I also wonder about the case, and probably (?) not being able to bend the front cover around to the back. Thoughts?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004TU3SKQ]Amazon.com: rooCASE Executive Portfolio (Grey Graphite) Leather Case Cover with Landscape / Portrait View for Apple iPad 2 Wifi / 3G Model 16GB, 32GB, 64GB: Electronics[/ame]

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There was a similar case. I wonder how much fuzz that would accumulate. I would hate to have to worry about my case getting dirty.

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Matt1226 said:
There was a similar case. I wonder how much fuzz that would accumulate. I would hate to have to worry about my case getting dirty.

Let alone the scratching from the credit cards ;-)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

toonz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
has anyone tried any of the incipio cases, particularly the feather?

http://www.myincipio.com/iPad-2-Cas...iPad-2-feather-Ultralight-Hard-Shell-Case.asp

i was looking for something to protect the back without adding too much extra bulk. i sent them an email and the current version isnt suited for the smart cover, they say it works but the magnets are weaker.

but theyre in the process of designing a new version that would be compatible with the smart cover. it should be available in a cople weeks according to their email.

im considering giving it a try because im not a big fan of the smart cover so far and they also have a nifty looking sleeve for the ipad that im interested in as well. if anyone has any experience with the case, id love to hear about it.

romanr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
has anyone tried any of the incipio cases, particularly the feather?

Incipio iPad 2 feather Ultralight Hard Shell Case, iPad 2 Cases, iPad 2G Cases, iPad Accessories, iPad Covers, iPad Skins, iPad Hard Shell Cases, iPad 2 Protectors

i was looking for something to protect the back without adding too much extra bulk. i sent them an email and the current version isnt suited for the smart cover, they say it works but the magnets are weaker.

but theyre in the process of designing a new version that would be compatible with the smart cover. it should be available in a cople weeks according to their email.

im considering giving it a try because im not a big fan of the smart cover so far and they also have a nifty looking sleeve for the ipad that im interested in as well. if anyone has any experience with the case, id love to hear about it.

A smart cover compatible version will be well received. I also wished they offered a clear version. I see they have a frosted version but I rather it be crystal clear.

Most reactions