What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 cases

AJsAWiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the XGear Smart Cover Enhancer on order. It ships the 18th of this month. I got the clear on because it allows you to show off the iPads good looks rather than hiding it. There are pics and videos of the case and how it works with Apple's Smart Cover. Can't wait to get mine.
Protection for Your iPad, iPhone, iPod, And MacBook

I agree. It is nice and I liked the transparent cover as well. I just think it's a little pricey when you consider we already paid $39.99 for the smart cover :(

romanr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the XGear Smart Cover Enhancer on order. It ships the 18th of this month. I got the clear on because it allows you to show off the iPads good looks rather than hiding it. There are pics and videos of the case and how it works with Apple's Smart Cover. Can't wait to get mine.

I agree. It is nice and I liked the transparent cover as well. I just think it's a little pricey when you consider we already paid $39.99 for the smart cover :(

I have just gotten used to the fact that the iPad is one big money pit. But I love it.
$850 for the iPad 2
$40 for the smart cover
$40 for the smart cover enhancer
$40 for the HDMI adapter
$30 for the camera adapter
$50 for the car mount
Then there is the software side of things
$20 for a data plan
$200 worth of "must have apps"
And I don't even want to get started listing iTunes movies, TV shows and music.
But you know, I'm enjoying all thoroughly.

romanr

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I have just gotten used to the fact that the iPad is one big money pit. But I love it.
$850 for the iPad 2
$40 for the smart cover
$40 for the HDMI adapter
$50 for the car mount
$20 for a data plan

Of course if the wife asks, the iPad is a fricken bargain @ $499 :D

romanr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New review of the Incase Magazine Jacket for iPad 2. I wish they would've used something other than those two notches on the back, but otherwise it's pretty cool:

YouTube - Incase Magazine Jacket for the iPad 2 - The Review!

I see a lot of problems with this case. The screen protector does not seem to want to lay completely flat and that is evident on several spots in that video. The very exposed top and bottom edges is also something I don't particularly like. It has potential but I still think that a better route is to find an "enhancer" case for the back of the iPad which works with the Apple Smart Cover which to me is the absolute perfect companion to the iPad 2.

LolaAM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just ordered Aviiq's, smart cover compatible, Smart Case for iPad 2. I liked that the colors matched the smart covers. Unfortunately, there's a wait, but they are offering free shipping and 20% off via code found on their FB page. 

http://www.aviiq.com/products/case-stands/smart-case/
Code: AVIIQLIKE

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Last edited:

romanr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New review of the Incase Magazine Jacket for iPad 2. I wish they would've used something other than those two notches on the back, but otherwise it's pretty cool:

YouTube - Incase Magazine Jacket for the iPad 2 - The Review!

I see a lot of problems with this case. The screen protector does not seem to want to lay completely flat and that is evident on several spots in that video. The very exposed top and bottom edges is also something I don't particularly like. It has potential but I still think that a better route is to find an "enhancer" case for the back of the iPad which works with the Apple Smart Cover which to me is the absolute perfect companion to the iPad 2.

What do you think about these cases starting at 1:12 point of the video below? Any experience with them on the original iPad?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RshOoKf8j2A]YouTube - myGearStore: Helping Hands - SwitchEasy iPad 2 & Samsung Galaxy Tab[/ame]

No experience with these but they look pretty good and they sure give you a lot for you money.

romanr

iPF Noob
Reaction score

LolaAM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
romanr said:
These have to be my second favorite cases. Thanks for the discount code info.

You're welcome. I just added the 20% off code to make it easier for everyone. 

AJsAWiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score

$850 for the iPad 2
$40 for the smart cover
$40 for the HDMI adapter
$50 for the car mount
$20 for a data plan

Thanks for the reality jolt!

I thought about the tons of apps I got for my iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad, the HDMI adapter, iPad sleeve, iPhone and iPod Touch cases, styli and the list goes on.
You are so right and helped me put things into perspective ;) That said . . . . I just ordered Aviiq's smart cover back (thanks to LolaAM for the FB code). Although I would have preferred letting the Apple logo shine through a transparent back but I also like the color matching with the Aviiq.

I totally agree with everything you said and, now, have no idea why I was squabbling in the first place :p

Last edited:

AJsAWiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A round of Applause is in order

I just ordered Aviiq's, smart cover compatible, Smart Case for iPad 2. I liked that the colors matched the smart covers. Unfortunately, there's a wait, but they are offering free shipping and 20% off via code found on their FB page. 

AViiQâ„¢ › Smart Case ‹ Case Stands ‹ Products
Code: AVIIQLIKE

Thanks so much for posting the FB code. It's nice folks like you that make the iPF a great resource and a pleasant place to visit :D

LolaAM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AJsAWiz said:
Thanks so much for posting the FB code. It's nice folks like you that make the iPF a great resource and a pleasant place to visit :D

No problem! Glad someone else benefitted from it!

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really like the CEO hybrid from Marware. That case seems to be the coolest folio case out right now with all of the features you could want.

NAYo2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really like the CEO hybrid from Marware. That case seems to be the coolest folio case out right now with all of the features you could want.

I'm deciding between that one and this one below. Itcomes with a screen shield. it's a little thicker but keeps the iPad protected as opposed to having to unsnap with the Marware:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iokMJudDraI]YouTube - SwitchEasy Canvas iPad 2 Case[/ame]

c.jpg

d.jpg

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the features are nice but I would like to see how much weight it adds. Seems kinda bulky. Its pretty cool. I can see why you are debating between the two. I am going with the Marware as I already bought it. I think it won't be so heavy or bulky. Thanks for the video link. I am going to search for one on the Marware CEO hybrid case. Let me know what you decide and how you like it. Check out my post on are you addicted to buying iPad cases.

jetspeed8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just picked this Scosche foldIO P2 off of eBay, for a very decent price. It is the Carbon Fiber Texture model. It will keep me covered until I decide if I really need something with a built in keyboard or just a very good protective cover.. It has a suede interior lining, three-position landscape viewing, ultra low-profile design, open access to all connections and controls.

211614777150x100IPD2CFBK_front.jpg
211614778150x100IPD2CFBK_front_open.jpg
211614779150x100IPD2CFBK_back.jpg
211614780150x100IPD2CFBK_back_vert.jpg
211614781150x100IPD2CFBK_table_view.jpg

Most reactions