What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 cases

Shirlyspad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased mine and hubby case from hong kong. Free shipping. Cases were only $10 each. 

Shirley  

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MrOnager said:
Hello you people out there

I'm a newbie to iPads & this forum, but I'm hooked on both. There is a roundup of about 4 dozen covers that also has links to the mfg. websites over on CNET news - Crave.

I purchased an AYL 5 in 1 from Amazon based on the reviews. Should have it after the holiday weekend. Not too pricey ($29.99) in case I'm not satisfied, but Amazon is good about returns. Also got some Masque screen protectors by Splash Products just to be on the safe side (3 for $17.95). Sorry, but I'm too new to use links.

Hello MrOnager... Welcome. Thank you for the heads up on the CNet - Crave article. I looked at the case you ordered and really liked it. Please let us/me know what you think of it when it comes in. Here is the link to the article I believe you were referring to:

http://news.cnet.com/ultimate-ipad-2-case-roundup/8301-17938_105-20042126-1.html

Last edited:

MrOnager

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanx for the welcome & that is the article. I'll be sure to give some feedback. Although everyone has their own preferences, it's still good to hear honest opinions from actual users - I'd rather not buy a pig in a poke. I also need to get my post count up so I can use this forum to its fullest extent.

honleye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanx for the welcome & that is the article. I'll be sure to give some feedback. Although everyone has their own preferences, it's still good to hear honest opinions from actual users - I'd rather not buy a pig in a poke. I also need to get my post count up so I can use this forum to its fullest extent.

Here is what I think. I agree with you that the original smart cover lacks protection to the back of the device. And I also agree with you that a cover that support multiple viewing angle would be the best. But unfortunately, I haven't found one yet. If you find one, please let us all know. With that said, to me, I'm quite happy with what I got from ecoover-covers on ebay (just google it). They are mainly selling iphone covers and has only one ipad2 cover, which is a smart cover made of high quality PU leather with back protection. They have it on sale for $29 right now. A great buy I must say. At least I'm a happy user for about one month so far.

MrOnager

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Buy.com has a cover/screen protector combo available for $10 (as of 6/1/11) with FREE shipping. Looks like its stand works in portrait & landscape. Got 4.2 out of 5 rating so far. What can you lose for$10? See it here.

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score

MrOnager

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Received my [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Quality-Premium-Leather-built-Generation/dp/B004TJC4PW/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top"]AYL 5 in 1 case[/ame] from Amazon today and I'm very happy with it. Feels like leather, but it's something else covering carbon fiber. All sides/corners protected. All openings line up. Nice stitching. Will probably NOT accommodate the Smart Cover, but does have the on/off feature that works well. Just not sure what makes it 5 in 1.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MrOnager said:
Received my Video Link: http://www.amazon.com/Quality-Premium-Leather-built-Generation/dp/B004TJC4PW/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top from Amazon today and I'm very happy with it. Feels like leather, but it's something else covering carbon fiber. All sides/corners protected. All openings line up. Nice stitching. Will probably NOT accommodate the Smart Cover, but does have the on/off feature that works well. Just not sure what makes it 5 in 1.

Do you think the iPad 2 with a backcover like the SmartFit2 or the CoverBuddy on it would fit? Is it stable or wobbly in the different positions? TIA.

david rodriguez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased the Acase. It has the function of the smart cover, and look like the original iPad case from apple. For the first generation. Slim, and very good case

hoving

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mophie Workbook for Ipad 2- Just got it yesterday!

Some pictures and my thoughts on a really nice case!

Really nice case, well constructed, thought out and designed. Material is really great quality and no odor, like many of the other cases we have seen around here.

Feels very solid and completely protects the Ipad providing full coverage all the way around. A great improvement over the first Workbook I think.

All the cutouts are exact and match up perfectly with all the Ipads connectors & camera.

Also it allows for screen protector and rear skin protector, very important to most of us!

Changing the bands for the front cover is a nice idea, a simple process, with several colors to choose from.

No hibernation problems when front cover is folded over.

What really struck me more than anything else was how slim it was, virtually no bulk and not a great deal of weight added to it.

The viewing angles are pretty much infinite as the velcro system allows it to be put in any position you choose, very stable, no slipping or sliding.

I think this is an extremely well made product by Mophie and it will no doubt do quite well. Out of the 4 or 5 folios I have used so far, this is the best one, no doubt!

Highly recommend it!

DSC08241.JPG

DSC08242.jpg

DSC08258.JPG

DSC08259.JPG

DSC08260.JPG

hoving

iPF Noob
Reaction score
a few more shots and angles.....

DSC08240.jpg

DSC08247.JPG

While the cut out looks like it might not allow enough room for the entire grill, under closer examination one sees the width of the case more than compensates for the speaker. The Ipad's back curves at an inward angle right there so there is no obstruction to the grill at all. The cut out is perfectly matched to the ipads speaker grill and lines up beautifully! Could not hear any difference in sound quality at all!

DSC08249.JPG

DSC08254.JPG

DSC08256.JPG

tibob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like a good case, but personally don't feel the band. Is the band's function to hold the case closed?

hoving

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like a good case, but personally don't feel the band. Is the band's function to hold the case closed?

Yes, closed and open. You know I felt the same way until I actually started using the original Workbook with the Ipad 1. Someone suggested I try it and I absolutely loved it, so sometimes one has to try things on to see!

MrOnager

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MrOnager said:
Received my Video Link: http://www.amazon.com/Quality-Premium-Leather-built-Generation/dp/B004TJC4PW/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top from Amazon today and I'm very happy with it. Feels like leather, but it's something else covering carbon fiber. All sides/corners protected. All openings line up. Nice stitching. Will probably NOT accommodate the Smart Cover, but does have the on/off feature that works well. Just not sure what makes it 5 in 1.

Do you think the iPad 2 with a backcover like the SmartFit2 or the CoverBuddy on it would fit? Is it stable or wobbly in the different positions? TIA.

I'm not familiar with those backcovers, but from the reviews I've read, users say they "add no bulk". If that's the case (no pun intended), either combo might fit, although my iPad2 fits pretty snug without a backcover. It is very stable in landscape, with the grooves deep enough that the iPad won't slip out. It will stand up in portrait mode, but I don't think it would stay that way long if you did something - like touch it. Hope that helps. I've included a couple of my photos.

Attachments

• cover stand 2.JPG
    cover stand 2.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 311
  • cover vert.JPG
    cover vert.JPG
    189.9 KB · Views: 269

Most reactions

Latest posts