What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 cases

Archer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi was was about to order a "Speck Pixelskin HD Wrap For iPad 2" just wondered if anyone has one of these to give feedback on. Does anyone know if I could add a thin magnet to the cover to switch of the Ipad as the cover does not have one.

Cheers

tibob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Archer said:
Hi was was about to order a "Speck Pixelskin HD Wrap For iPad 2" just wondered if anyone has one of these to give feedback on. Does anyone know if I could add a thin magnet to the cover to switch of the Ipad as the cover does not have one.

Cheers

I saw the pixel skin @ Target. It was ok, rubbery and has a lip that goes on top of the screen. You could probably put a thin strip magnet underneath the cover. The website says the cover closes via suction.

Macguy76

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Cheers

I got one and didn't like it. It was too rubbery and wouldn't fit with my screen protector. Plus the cover/stand was difficult to convert. It wouldn't hold up very well

emmsys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
got my iPad2 leather case with Bluetooth keyboard!

Hi Folks,

I posted earlier that I had ordered a leather case with bluetooth keyboard a while go. It finally arrived today and so far I'm extremely impressed with it! I attached a few pictures to show what it looks like. Honestly, the fit and finish is pretty nice (there's a large hole in the back for the camera but the camera isn't aligned directly in the center of the hole. It's not blocked though.). The keyboard has a rubber cover. I thought it was made that way to protect the iPad screen but it's also to make the keyboard waterproof. The keys respond quickly with nice feedback. I won't do a drop test but there is a decent amount of cushioning around the edges so if it ever drops I'm sure the iPad will be ok. The case closes nice and "flush" and there's a magnet in the flap to keep it secure. There are no pckets for papers or pens though (makes sense since the iPad should technically replace those :D ).

I tested the keyboard in Notes, Sundry Notes and uPad. For some reason I need to close Notes completely then reload it once in a while because when it loads it acts like the "Backspace" button is stuck. This even happens when the keyboard is off. Other than that, the keyboard does exactly what it's supposed to do. I like having arrow keys again! There are also some function keys that control volume and music playing which is a nice touch as I did not expect that at all. The keyboard is basically a full QWERTY English keyboard with only 1 shift, control and alt keys, and no number pad. This keyboard should work with my PS3 as well so that's a bonus for me. It charges via USB.

I have never seen or tested any other kind of case so I don't have a reference. But for the price, ($41 US but I also had a $14 credit so it came to just over $26 for me) I think it's a nice little bargain. Now, how reliable and durable is the keyboard I really can't say. If anything pops up I will let you know.

EDIT: Sorry for the upside-down pictures. I took the pics with my iPhone4.
emmsys

Attachments

• case1.jpg
    case1.jpg
    768.8 KB · Views: 307
  • case2.jpg
    case2.jpg
    646.7 KB · Views: 288
  • case3.jpg
    case3.jpg
    865.5 KB · Views: 274
  • case4.JPG
    case4.JPG
    786 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:

Ivo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I always had a feeling that by adding a physical keyboard to ipad , the point is lost .., we are then trying to make a regular laptop out of it ... while the real laptop works better ..

emmsys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I always had a feeling that by adding a physical keyboard to ipad , the point is lost .., we are then trying to make a regular laptop out of it ... while the real laptop works better ..

I totally see what you mean and I initially felt that as well. However having extra keys like numbers and arrows make a huge difference for me when taking notes or editing documents. Couple that with a stylus and a feature-filled app like Notes+ or even Sundry Notes and it really makes for an efficient little "notepad." And this is coming from someone who totally did not "get" the whole tablet and smartphone craze. With the leather case/keyboard combo I can now take the iPad everywhere and it's instantly ready to do whatever I need. I also got the keyboard for my PS3 so it's working double duty for me.

emmsys

romanr

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I got the Zagg keyboard for my iPad 1. Found I really didn't use it much so I did not get one for the iPad 2.

vlg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
edge protectors

anyone know of any edge protectors for the ipad2 like for the iphone?

daroga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys! Just ordered my iPad 2 from Apple (Black, Wifi, 16GB). Should be here by June 6.

Now it's time to pick a case. Some of the things I would like a case to do:

- Fold easily for typing on the screen.
- Have a stand where I could watch something on it or have notes on it.
- Protect all aspects of the iPad (I'm not wild about Apple's leaving the back of the device out in the open, nor buying something to supplement their already-expensive SmartCover).
- Have the iPad sleep/wake when the lid is closed (and not mess with it if the cover is wrapped around.

At this moment, I'm looking at the SwitchEasy Canvas for iPad 2. Are there any other ones that I should be looking at?

I plan to use this a lot for teaching, so I would like something that doesn't make the device too bulky and makes it easy to carry around or throw into a bag without worrying that it's going to get destroyed along the way.

TMWeddle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
rustymailbox.blogspot.com
]I just saw in awful Sam's Club a nice Case Logic case that would work nicely for an iPad. Price was under ten dollars. It had a zippered pocket for wires, etc. I almost got one but I have one very similar.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Totally agree with you.
Defeats the purpose.
Why not get a netbook then
Like I always say, different strokes for different folks.
Whatever one likes, one should have.

Most reactions

Latest posts