What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 2 case reccomendations?

Chrisipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ejbpesca said:
I chose a Belkin leather like case with stand. It is great except for one thing. You must continuously be shoving the ipad2 back into position to keep it from sagging out of the the correct position. If feels great, closes well, and the stand is wonderful but it needs a velcro addition to the flap that supposedly holds the Ipad in place to really hold it. I've contacted Belkin about it over and over and I get nothing but an off base reply from someone without command of English and only giving replies in a robotic fashion that have nothing to do with my particular case. I gave up. I'll just keep pushing the Ipad back in place because the case is just that good.

I really don't know how people hold and Ipad2 without a full case. It's sharp edges and slippery feel lend me to believe that was planned to make people buy cases. That's ok. I love the thing no matter what.

Now...on to find out a question about full digi wifi from ipad to tv.
jb

I just bought a new case as my old own had the same problem with the ipad slipping out of place, it drove me crazy for a few months then i finally gave in and bought a new one today, im not sure exactly what the case is called but its made by geko and is black leather with stands that allow differnt veiwing angles and best of all the ipad doesnt move out of place. I liked my old case but love my new one.

lesfield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently brought a Belkin clear case for my ipad2 that's comparable with the smart cover. After just one week, it had cracks around the corners, and a large split. I've not dropped the iPad or abused it in anyway. Luckily the shop gave me a refund, stating that quite a few of them had come back. I'm now using speck clear case, hopefully it will last a bit longer than the Belkin.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently brought a Belkin clear case for my ipad2 that's comparable with the smart cover. After just one week, it had cracks around the corners, and a large split. I've not dropped the iPad or abused it in anyway. Luckily the shop gave me a refund, stating that quite a few of them had come back. I'm now using speck clear case, hopefully it will last a bit longer than the Belkin.

I have the Speck "clear" back protector case. One of its nice features is a small metal strip that holds the magnetized SmartCover in place when it is folded over the back. I've had a couple of issues, however.

() The metal strip became unglued from the case after a couple of months. Fortunately, it stuck to the SmartCover so I was able to re-glue it to the case but it could have easily been lost. A word to the wise.

() The case itself is quite thin and light. Unfortunately, for me, at least, that also meant it picked up many scratches in daily (non-abusive) use. And because it was clear the scratches were prominent.

Eventually, I replaced the case with one from ENKI. (Enki | We've got you covered). It's a bit thicker and much more durable than the Speck case. It's also less expensive ($20) and very well made.

I should say, however, that this is the second case I received from ENKI. They originally introduced the case last May and had many, many shipping and quality issues in their initial product run. The one I now use was a complimentary replacement for the first case that had very sharp edges and no mic hole.

From what I can tell, they've now overcome their initial problems and I'd recommend the case. The fact that it's a case made in the USA (Michigan) may be another reason to consider them for some people.

@ndr3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've just ordered the Stilgut case. Yes it's the best part of £50 but has very good reviews.

PatriciaF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Like applemike I have the Targus 360 and love it. If you want your iPad to swivel 360 check out their website.

Most reactions