What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 2 case reccomendations?

vinho1976

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got a really nice one today for $4 on monoprice.
Really happy with it...it is called the "Premium TPU Case for iPad2" i got it in black and its super cool. Has checkers all across the back.

troyjoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The new Zerochroma cover for iPad 2 is out. You can check it out online. I'm getting it because you can use it with the smart cover as well.

icanlevel99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Otterbox defender!
Pros: its' a tank! covers all sides of the ipad 2
Cons: kinda makes ipad 2 heavier, rubber cover on the back attracts dust
I've been using it for a while now, love it!!

Nakedbabytoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just ordered a sky blue roof of heaven leather case from Oberon. Can't wait! I have the apple stock lime green smart cover right now. Tired of it.

M

Manou

Just ordered a sky blue roof of heaven leather case from Oberon. Can't wait! I have the apple stock lime green smart cover right now. Tired of it.

You'll love it. I've got the sky blue butterfly cover - it's a thing of beauty.

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Manou said:
You'll love it. I've got the sky blue butterfly cover - it's a thing of beauty.

Does the ipad2 version have the magnetic sleep feature on the top part of the cover? It's not clear to me on their web site.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

M

Manou

Does the ipad2 version have the magnetic sleep feature on the top part of the cover? It's not clear to me on their web site.

No, unfortunately it doesn't. It's like their other covers - bookstyle with their traditional closure. The iPad is held by straps. I have multiple cases, thus I don't mind that.

Nakedbabytoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
markbnh1 said:

That is somewhat a bummer. Can you make your own on/off cover switch by attaching a magnet? Where is the on/off magnet inside the pad located?

RossMc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the Switcheasy Canvas when I first got my iPad 2 and it was a good case with nice stand options and offered good protection but I still found it a bit heavy when I wanted to use it just for reading in the portrait position.

I got the Yoobao Executive leather case the other day and I love it so far it has the auto/sleep wake feature and is a very light case and offers some okay stand features. It doesn't offer as much protection as the Switcheasy Canvas does but thats a compromise to having a lighter case.

badphish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
anxiously awaiting my ipad 2 wallet case by happy owl studios. the shipment dates have been delayed a few times, looking at a ship date around sept 15th now, was originally going to ship the week before labor day. Welcome — Happy Owl Studio its a very nice loking case that i can carry everything in all the time.

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
badphish said:
anxiously awaiting my ipad 2 wallet case by happy owl studios. the shipment dates have been delayed a few times, looking at a ship date around sept 15th now, was originally going to ship the week before labor day. Welcome — Happy Owl Studio its a very nice loking case that i can carry everything in all the time.

I love my Happy Owl Clutch for the iPad 1. It is my primary purse but slips nicely into a larger bag, if necessary. I plan to get the version for the iPad 3 as soon as it is available. Hopefully the iPad 2 and iPad 3 form factor will be the same so I won't have to wait too long.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey,mine is bluetooth keybord case for my ipad 2,it works fine to provide fully protection with my ipad 2...

Not meant as a criticism of your choice and since I haven't tried it I can't comment specifically on this particular case. Just some points to keep in mind when purchasing a standalone keyboard or a combo keyboard/iPad case.

() A physical keyboard must withstand more actual use and abuse than any other component of your iPad. It's a mechanical device, not simply an electronic component. As such its build quality is crucial. And what appears to function well on day one may not be nearly as satisfactory on day 180 after it has been pounded on day after day.

In short, it's false economy to buy a keyboard that won't withstand that sort of use. Name manufacturers like Apple, Microsoft, Targus, and Logitech produce rugged keyboards. Anonymous keyboard manufacturers may not be as committed to that standard.

() Combo keyboard/iPad cases are almost inevitably designed with a small cramped keyboard to fit the form factor of the iPad. (The only exception to this rule I'm aware of is a new combo case from Logitech with a folding keyboard.) Be sure you're willing to adjust to the small, closely spaced keys. And if you will be using a full size keyboard part of the time, that may be a difficult adjustment.

() Combo keyboard/iPad cases usually restrict the use of the iPad in landscape orientation. One of the strengths of the iPad is the capacity to enter text in portrait mode. The screen real estate on the iPad is already limited. Be sure you'll be happy typing in landscape mode 100% of the time.

badphish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
glad to hear you like your clutch. i was emailed today that they will be shipping my wallet round about sep 15. i definitely want a case i can carry around everyday

I love my Happy Owl Clutch for the iPad 1. It is my primary purse but slips nicely into a larger bag, if necessary. I plan to get the version for the iPad 3 as soon as it is available. Hopefully the iPad 2 and iPad 3 form factor will be the same so I won't have to wait too long.[/QUOTE]

Most reactions

Latest posts