What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stylus reccomendation

Taidgh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guys,

I recently got an iPad stylus in the hope that I could write my college notes on my iPad. However my current stylus is far too chunky at the tip for writing. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a fine tip stylus of there is one or if there is a DIY option.

Thank you :)

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are several "point" tip styluses available. The best known is probably the "Jot" from Adonit. Dagi makes one as well. Each uses a transparent collar around the point to make contact with the screen in order to activate a mark. I've used the Jot Pro and it works relatively well but has some issues associated with missed strokes. (You can check the discussion of the issues on this forum.) Another option, and the best styluses, imo, are from iFaraday.com. You can also find extensive discussion of those products on this board.

helix2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know a few folks that use the Jot Pro and swear by it. I will be getting one as soon as I can afford it.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know a few folks that use the Jot Pro and swear by it. I will be getting one as soon as I can afford it.

If you do a search of this forum you'll find that a number of people have had problems with "missed strokes" using the Jot Pro (me included.) The "fix" is to apply a tiny dab of conductive grease where the tip of the stylus attaches to the "collar." The problem appears to be a quality control issue in the manufacturing process and may have been resolved by now but the problem was widespread among those who purchased the Jot Pro a few months ago.

Most reactions

Latest posts