What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad-2 Battery optimzation

Akern1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, I know I posted something like this before, but I can't seem to find it! Anyhow, for some reason my iPad-2 battery appears to lose "optimization" ie. battery life periodically, maybe every three months. When it is optimized my iPad runs for days on one charge, right now it is lucky if it can hold a charge for more than 4-hours. And I am not doing anything really different. I have let the battery completely drain, I have restored things through iTunes. I am at a loss.

Any ideas?
Thanks!

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Verify that there no apps or features using the battery while the iPad is just sitting there. Turn off anything you don't use like Bluetooth, location services, all that stuff. If its a cellular enabled iPad then make sure that stuff isn't draining the battery. Other than that, not sure. You say it runs fine for a while and then just goes bad?

OP
A

Akern1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I generally turn off apps when not using,

OP
A

Akern1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I generally turn off apps when not using, but did not know about location finders!
So my iPad appears to hold it's charge as "normal" for serval months and then one day just seems to start not holding it 's charge and I can not tell what made this happen, nothing unusual like dropping it.

OP
A

Akern1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I generally turn off apps when not using. Sorry for the double reply, accidentally hit send!

Anyhow, my iPad seems to hold charge as "normal" for several months (battery lasts for over 12-hours) and then one day the charge just seems to be reduced to lasting for less than 3-4 hours. Nothing appears to have happened to my iPad, like being dropped. So it is a mystery to me.

OP
A

Akern1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Verify that there no apps or features using the battery while the iPad is just sitting there. Turn off anything you don't use like Bluetooth, location services, all that stuff. If its a cellular enabled iPad then make sure that stuff isn't draining the battery. Other than that, not sure. You say it runs fine for a while and then just goes bad?

Thanks! So I turn off my apps when not used, but didn't know about the location finders! My iPad seems to hold a "normal" charge for several months, meaning a battery charge lasts for up to 12-hours, but then one days just seems to not last as long, less than 2-4 hours, and I can't figure out why, nothing usnuual happened to it, like being dropped or something.

Again thanks or your help!

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks! So I turn off my apps when not used, but didn't know about the location finders! My iPad seems to hold a "normal" charge for several months, meaning a battery charge lasts for up to 12-hours, but then one days just seems to not last as long, less than 2-4 hours, and I can't figure out why, nothing usnuual happened to it, like being dropped or something.

Again thanks or your help!

Sure, I hope it gets sorted out for you. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts