What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tips on draining ipad battery?

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Remember to turn off WiFi, 3G, and Bluetooth if not in use. They drain the battery and absolutely no reason to have them on if you're not using them.

I'm jailbroken and still get 10+ hours per day of use.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should run it completely down then do a full recharge to calibrate the battery level meter.

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hit on this very subject in Another Thread here.

Being an Apple service tech we calibrate and test batteries in many Mac devices in the service shop. It is best to follow Apples once a month plan, your Apple Care will love you, as will your battery.

FrostyFire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I usually charge mine 2-3 times a week and that's it. If it's getting low, I'll launch something that uses the WiFi, and turn the brightness all the way up. I then plug it in over night.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've actually never ran mine below 25%, working on doing it today so I can charge it over night tonight.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I'm not working I dont charge...since I dont need it to last all day...and I can get about 4-5 days before it shuts down.

W4bz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my experiments, it seems to be multitasking apps left running that is running my battery down. If I leave (for example), email running, or OTR Streamer to just "time out" and do not shut off multitasking manually when I exit, then I get much shorter battery charge life. Just letting the iPad time out to a dark screen no longer insures iPad being off. Now I must press the little black power button to be sure iPad is powered off. Then the excess battery drain does not happen.

Most reactions

Latest posts