What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad battery question

darthq12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everybody. I'm new here and I just had a quick questions about the iPad 2's battery. I was wondering if it was true that it won't hurt the battery to charge it before it is completely drained. Thanks!

arbor53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
True, won't hurt the battery, but i think its recommended to do a full discharge once a month

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I remember right, draining once a month is recommended for continued accuracy of the battery indicator, rather than battery life.

OP
D

darthq12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay thanks guys. I believe I also heard somewhere that it's not recommended to leave your battery below forty percent for extended periods of time

Dr Umfufu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had my iPad 1 for over a year. I recharged whenever I felt like it or when I needed to and over the course of a year I did not notice any battery degradation. I very rarely did a complete discharge and charge so I doubt you have anything to worry about... Just use and enjoy....

Most reactions

Latest posts