What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad 2 Battery Health on Sleep Mode Problem.

avk111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Goodday Community,

I would like to ask for help please.

My Ipad 2 has a minor Battery Health issue, when I put it on Sleep mode @ 30% battery charge left, it almost instantly goes down to 20% within a short amount of time.

This happens usually only at somewhere between 25 to 30 percent battery charge only.

In the event I leave the battery charge at 75% on sleep mode, and come back after hours to use it it doesnt lose much.

Can I have someone help please.

I have tried contacting support @ Apple but they diagnosed my battery and could not help.

thank u

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you ever tried to let your battery drain down to 0% before charging at least once a month? That is what Apple's recommendation is on battery maintenance to help to recalibrate the measure of battery levels.

See the links from Apple here: Apple - Batteries - iPad

Welcome to the forum!

OP
A

avk111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you ever tried to let your battery drain down to 0% before charging at least once a month? That is what Apple's recommendation is on battery maintenance to help to recalibrate the measure of battery levels.

Welcome to the forum!

Hello Skimonkey,

I do this procedure regularly where by I drain the battery to 0 percent (Turning Wheel on the screen) and then I charge it up to 100 (While scanning the Battery Health Doctor App for precise battery charge measurement)

What I have as an idea is to test this problem with no wifi , Ill have to inspect each paradigm solely.

However im open for ideas from experts in the community as well please.

thank u

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Skimonkey,

I do this procedure regularly where by I drain the battery to 0 percent (Turning Wheel on the screen) and then I charge it up to 100 (While scanning the Battery Health Doctor App for precise battery charge measurement)

What I have as an idea is to test this problem with no wifi , Ill have to inspect each paradigm solely.

However im open for ideas from experts in the community as well please.

thank u

Do you by chance have a lot of notifications on that go off frequently? Also, check your email and maybe fetch manually. This might help you save on battery life.

I am not sure if backing to the iCloud has anything to do with draining your battery, but if that is turned on and you plug to the main in the same network...your iCloud back up will start. Have a look at that as well.

Skimonkey ~~ sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
A

avk111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you by chance have a lot of notifications on that go off frequently? Also, check your email and maybe fetch manually. This might help you save on battery life.

I am not sure if backing to the iCloud has anything to do with draining your battery, but if that is turned on and you plug to the main in the same network...your iCloud back up will start. Have a look at that as well.

Skimonkey ~~ sent from my iPad using iPF

Hi Skimonkey

Appreciate your response , so last week after different trials and errors , beginning with battery full recharge , it didn't work.

Then I thought about your suggestion so what I did was put the wifi connection on "off" , however still doesn't work.

I don't know why why does my battery drain so fast when sleep mode only on 30 percent and falls to 20 only, I hope someone in the community can aid me.

Thank u

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
........I don't know why why does my battery drain so fast when sleep mode only on 30 percent and falls to 20 only, I hope someone in the community can aid me......

Hi Avk111 - welcome to the forum! :) Not sure that I can help beyond Skimonkey's advice, but first have you 'Reset' your iPad (requires simultaneously pressing your home & on/off buttons for about 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears) - second, have you tried to use a 'Battery Monitor'? If not, check out the app HERE - look at the second image - battery health is estimated & you can adjust 'sleep mode' to on or off (might be interesting to check in both positions relative to your problem?). Finally, take a look at THIS THREAD for some advice and possible solutions - good luck!

OP
A

avk111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Avk111 - welcome to the forum! :) Not sure that I can help beyond Skimonkey's advice, but first have you 'Reset' your iPad (requires simultaneously pressing your home & on/off buttons for about 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears) - second, have you tried to use a 'Battery Monitor'? If not, check out the app HERE - look at the second image - battery health is estimated & you can adjust 'sleep mode' to on or off (might be interesting to check in both positions relative to your problem?).

Finally, take a look at THIS THREAD for some advice and possible solutions - good luck!

Thank you Mr.Giradman ,

I will check it and give you the results .

Yours,

Most reactions

Latest posts