What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wi-Fi disconnects in sleep mode

skale87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have iPad 2. When it goes into sleep mode, the wi-fi disconnects. When I open it, it takes few seconds to connect to wi-fi. I googled the issue and read somewhere that this preserves battery life.
Some apps that use require Wi-fi for push notifications. When I open the iPad, I do get my Push notifications but the latest ones only. For example, during the time the iPad was on sleep mode, one of my game app sent me a notification; after a while there was another different notification from the same app. But when I connected to the wi-fi after, I only got the second (& latest) notification.

I never had this problem before the ios 6 upgrade.

I did recently upgraded my router. Is it related to it?

Is there a way to fix this Wi-fi disconnection in sleep mode? I want it to stay on all the time.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
skale87 said:
I have iPad 2. When it goes into sleep mode, the wi-fi disconnects. When I open it, it takes few seconds to connect to wi-fi. I googled the issue and read somewhere that this preserves battery life.
Some apps that use require Wi-fi for push notifications. When I open the iPad, I do get my Push notifications but the latest ones only. For example, during the time the iPad was on sleep mode, one of my game app sent me a notification; after a while there was another different notification from the same app. But when I connected to the wi-fi after, I only got the second (& latest) notification.

I never had this problem before the ios 6 upgrade.

I did recently upgraded my router. Is it related to it?

Is there a way to fix this Wi-fi disconnection in sleep mode? I want it to stay on all the time.

If you don't want your iPad to lose it's WiFi connection when it goes to sleep, you have to have it plugged into the charger. When plugged in, the WiFi connection will stay active after the iPad goes into sleep mode.

Most reactions