What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery discharging a lot while asleep

AnneMD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have had my iPad since late Dec. I love it and have good battery life; I usually charge it once every couple of days, then put it into sleep mode overnight. In the time I've had my iPad, it only drops about 2% when I do this overnight. I also completely run down the battery once a month (as suggested by Apple), then charge it back to 100%.

A couple of evenings ago, I put my iPad into sleep mode when the battery was at about 50%. When I turned it on the next morning, it was down to 30%. I thought that this must be a fluke. So I charged it overnight, and it was 100% this morning. I put it into sleep mode and left it home when I went to work. When I turned it on about 2 hours ago, it was down to 80%! :confused:

I would appreciate any help regarding this. Something is obviously going on, but I have no idea what!

Anne

w1ngman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Perhaps an app is running in the background (something like weatherbug?)...and your ipad is connecting to a wi-fi point such that the app continues to churn?...

Most reactions

Latest posts