What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 ATT wifi hotpsot capability

Mastruck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to set up the iPad 2 as a wifi hotspot with ATT 3G? I know you can do it with ATT iPhones now. I assumed the same would be true with he iPad, but maybe not?

I have 45 a month I would like to give ATT, but can't figure out how to do so. maybe they don't need it?

GenerationX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If your jail broken, you can find an app in cydia. Unfortunately, i don't know the name of the app and if it supports the iPad

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The last poster is correct. The iPad, unless it is jail broken, cannot act as a WiFi hotspot. This was a slightly strange development because the iPhone4 does have this capability.

Tim

funkyonion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The slightly strange reason is that you could then terminate cellular service and continue to make calls with the iphone via voip

Most reactions

Latest posts