What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 apps

Thunderer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi,

just got myself an ipad2 and am looking into installing some useful apps that i am in need of.

first of all am trying to find skype for ipad, but the only skype i foubd was for iphone. as a result the screen size is that of an iphone an then i would have to enlarge it and the picture of the app will become distorted. so is there the real skype for ipad2?

also, my second query is reltaed to printing docs off right from my ipad2. i have a canon mp970 printer and am trying to find the right app that allows me to print docs right from my ipad. the printer is connected through the router and i already can print wirelessly from other laptops at home. so i just need the right to be used.

hope anyone can help me with this regard.

thank you.

Reaction score
For 1) Skype has an iPhone only app, but not one for the iPad. However, if you are in a video call, it doesn't matter, as the video should be fullscreen anyway. There is no mention of Skype ever releasing an iPad version of it. So for the time being, the Skype iPhone app will have to do. Not sure, whether Microsoft aquiring Skype will help in the development of a Skype iPad app.

And regarding the printing. There are third-party apps, which let you print to printers on the network. The best one is Print'n'share, which makes use the AirPrint feature of apps, so you can print directly from all apps that support AirPrinting, such as Pages.

Chuy Hardy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A great app is IM Pro (you can use it to chat with skype, no video calls, but you got video voice mail), and for the network printing, you can buy the iworks apps (number for excel, pages for word, and keynote for power point), each one give you the option to print with a network printer.

Hope this help you.

OP
Thunderer

Thunderer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tnx for your replies.

the print and share app did find that, but before i actually buy the app i would want to know whether my printer is supported. do not want to buy an app for nothing!

as for skype, it is a shame that there is no ipad app! yeah with the iphone app installed on the ipad it is bit small, but then again i can zoom in, and with a video call, the picture woukd be full screen. as for the im+, i installed it, but to use skpye as a chat will loose its meaning of video calling, so i ll Have to pass on that app.

will see, maybe anytime soon something ipad specific will be issued!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you purchase an app, such as PrintNShare, and it doesn't work you can always get a refund. Just call the Apple Support line with the purchase reference number (it's on your iTunes invoice) and Apple will happily refund your money as a credit to your iTunes account. Many Members have done this several times. Apple don't mind because they get to keep their cut of the transaction and it's the Developer who has to refund the full purchase price to the customer.

Tim

OP
Thunderer

Thunderer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
If you purchase an app, such as PrintNShare, and it doesn't work you can always get a refund. Just call the Apple Support line with the purchase reference number (it's on your iTunes invoice) and Apple will happily refund your money as a credit to your iTunes account. Many Members have done this several times. Apple don't mind because they get to keep their cut of the transaction and it's the Developer who has to refund the full purchase price to the customer.

Tim

tnx for the heads up. did not know about this. it is actually a good initiative, i mean first the user would want to check that he/she can actually benefit from the app and live to their requirements.

i might actually try that app as that was the only app, sort of that i found that suits my needs!

tnx agian

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
Thunderer

Thunderer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so, just bought the print n share app and was able to print straight from my ipad to my printer without any problems at all.

but, there seems to be something that i am not getting. when i printed via mybipad2, the words became bit distorted, i tried printing several times, still the outcome was not as desired. also, the page is suppose to be portrait, even from the settings of the printer is set this way, but when i print it from the ipaf, itnalways prints in landscape mode. after severalntries i then emailed the doc to my self and took a shot in printing it from my pc and everything was normal.

is there a reason why this is happening?

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts