What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fingerprint stopped working with iO6

NYC Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using Windows XP SP3 and a Canon MP970 printer. My new ipad was printing just fine using Fingerprint before I did the upgrade to iO6. Now when I go to print on the ipad it doesn't show my printer.

I tried rebooting my computer, powering off and on the wireless router, Canon printer and also the iPad without any luck.

lenbrown

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same problem with me using Windows 7 and Brother printer...everything Ok until io6

OP
N

NYC Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, I figured it out. I was using the original Fingerprint program. Tonight I purchased the upgrade to Fingerprint 2 for only $7.98. As soon as I tried printing with Fingerprint 2 it worked. Apparently the people at Collobos Software did not want to make the original program compatible with iO6. They came out with Fingerprint 2 that would work with iO6 so that they could charge for this upgrade.

RogerRabbit2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:mad: EVERYONE THAT ALREADY PURCHASED AND NOW HAS TO PAY FOR AN UPGRADE.

Though they offer 60% discount this means? every time your apple device gets updated to a new ISO you will have to pay for an upgrade again for this software.

Do your self a favour and just go out and buy a airprint scanner / printer. I bought myn at Walmart for aprox $35. HP Deskjet 3052A

Last edited by a moderator:

RogerRabbit2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:thumbsdown: New rummer..
The next ISO is going to modify airplay again so get your wallets out to pay for another FingerPrint upgrade.
My self I'm just going to give Collobos FingerPrint the middle Finger.

Most reactions