What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best App for Printing Remotely?

mike2874

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm needing a way to print from an iPad away from home to our home printer... the iPad would always be connected to internet. The printer is an old Canon printer that has no wireless capability.

I've read I need a printer app installed on the iPad and then corresponding software installed on my home computer. Can you recommend something simple to use?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Mike - some additional information will likely help in making suggestions: 1) What iPad do you own (also WiFi only or also cellular) and what iOS is installed; 2) What do you want to print from the iPad (i.e. name of the app or apps and types of 'docs' and/or 'records' to be printed); 3) What kind of computer do your own and what OS is installed; and 4) Canon printer model and age - assume cabled to your computer. Thanks for any additional info - Dave :)

OP
M

mike2874

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok (1) iPad Mini 4 WiFi only running 12.0 (2) think my wife wants to print collages from PicZone app (3) Windows 10 PC (64 bit) (4) Canon Pixma iP4300 think it was released in 2006 but still works great and I even have a couple new printheads for it. Yes is connected via USB cable to PC. Thanks Dave!

Most reactions

Latest posts