What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 64gb with ios 6

Casper1997

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all

I have seen many posts that are getting quite old now about the pros and cons to upgrade to ios 8 on various devices.

At present I have an ipad 2 64gb with wifi and 3G which is currently working on ios 6. Over the last couple of months the ipad is becoming slower when opening apps, especially the Facebook app that requires a few attempts to open, which is very annoying as other apps are linked to it.

Safari is also taking a while to load up compared to how it used to be.

Question is do I upgrade to ios 8 from 6 in the hope that this sorts the problem. I know the latest Facebook app won't upgrade any further as it requires ios 7. Or do I keep it as it is to sell it with ios 6 and buy a new ipad air 2?

Any suggestions would be great, I don't link the ipad to a PC as I keep it as stand alone device which suits me nicely to.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My suggestion is to go ahead and upgrade to iOS 8.1.3 (the most current iOS).

Then, see how you like it. Your apps will also get updated, so that may help the response and speed. It may be that the upgrade will make your iPad work so much better that you won't need to get a new one. I've seen many stories of people that are satisfied with their iPad 2s on iOS 8 (my mom is fine with hers). The thing is - you may save money if you try the [free] update first cause it may do the trick.

Unless, of course, you WANT to get a new iPad; in which case I say - go for it! :)

If you do decide to upgrade, I'd suggest using iTunes to do so (you don't have to keep syncing it with iTunes afterwards). It's quite a big jump from iOS 6 to iOS 8 and I couldn't tell you how well the over-the-air option will work (or if it will).

Good luck with your decision.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts