What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MagicJack and iOS 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

lambert.john.h

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Moments ago I diagnosed with MagicJack why the MJ app suddenly stopped working after an upgrade to iOS 6. Turned out, that my cache entries were somehow different on their servers. Once their server cache was cleared, according to the tech, and a reinstall of the app on my side, everything went back to working as per normal. It took second level support and about 40 minutes total diags and reinstall time. Just a hunch on my part, but I bet the reinstall of the MJ app on my iPad wasn't actually necessary, that the cache problems at MJ are due to the way iOS 6 handles it's Wi-Fi connection to host systems. A further guess, but something says this is just the beginning. At any rate, it's working now. ;-)

iPad 2 / iOS 6 / OpenDNS

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this. There have been a couple of connectivity issues since iOS 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions