What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ios.6

mobutler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to upgrade photos but keep getting the following message: "This app requires iOS. 6" Can you tell what it means.THanks. I have iPad 3

darkangelwitch

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mobutler said:
I am trying to upgrade photos but keep getting the following message: "This app requires iOS. 6" Can you tell what it means.THanks. I have iPad 3

It means that the app you are trying to download requires your iPad to be running the new iOS6 upgrade for your iPad.

The new operating system For your iPad is now available but remember to back up your iPad on iTunes or iCloud before you upgrade your iPad.

Search the forum, there are lots of threads about the new operating system that are very helpful.

Dark Angelwitch (Surrey)

OP
M

mobutler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I have found the upgrade in settings but am a bit scared to go ahead and press the button. How to I save to iCloud or iTunes that you suggest. Is new to iPad and still learning as you can tell.

darkangelwitch

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mobutler said:
Thanks for the info. I have found the upgrade in settings but am a bit scared to go ahead and press the button. How to I save to iCloud or iTunes that you suggest. Is new to iPad and still learning as you can tell.

Do you have a PC? If so download iTunes on to it, then plug your iPad into the PC. you will be able to set what you want to back up. I am afraid I cannot give detailed instructions as I have inky done it twice myself (when upgrading iPad software) but it is easy.

Once you have done that I suggest you unplug the iPad from the PC and run the new software update from the iPad over wifi. It is faster than doing it through iTunes.

Dark Angelwitch (Surrey)

OP
M

mobutler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do have a PC and iTunes where my account is and all apps that I have downloaded, will I still have to save in iTunes or can I go ahead with the download with everything crossed.

darkangelwitch

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mobutler said:
I do have a PC and iTunes where my account is and all apps that I have downloaded, will I still have to save in iTunes or can I go ahead with the download with everything crossed.

Before you download the new OS sync you iPad to iTunes then download new OS over wifi not plugged in to PC.

Doing the sync first will ensure that 'if' anything goes wrong with the OS update you can restore your iPad.

To put your mind at rest, I had no problems at all with my upgrade last night :)

Dark Angelwitch (Surrey)

OP
M

mobutler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All done upgrade completed so far so good, although Siri is a bit of a pain, Would like to keep but when I want it not every time press the home button, is there a way to turn on or off when required. Thanks for your help and enlightening me on using the iPad, I have learnt a lot today.

darkangelwitch

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mobutler said:
All done upgrade completed so far so good, although Siri is a bit of a pain, Would like to keep but when I want it not every time press the home button, is there a way to turn on or off when required. Thanks for your help and enlightening me on using the iPad, I have learnt a lot today.

You only get Siri if you hold the home button down for a couple of seconds, if you just press it for a shot time then all it should do is close apps etc

Dark Angelwitch (Surrey)

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Siri does have its own setting, but it is on or off. If you don't want to use it very often you could leave it off. You do have to go to settings to turn it on again.

darkangelwitch

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Czevski said:
Siri does have its own setting, but it is on or off. If you don't want to use it very often you could leave it off. You do have to go to settings to turn it on again.

Where in settings? I can't seem to find it anywhere :)

IGNORE ME, just found it lol

Dark Angelwitch (Surrey)

Most reactions

Latest posts