What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 5.0.1 restore

oatesy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My jailbroken iPad 2 has decided to stop working and stays on the apple screen from boot. How can I restore the iPad and still keep fw 5.0.1 and not update to 5.1 bcos of jailbreak reasons.

Helppp me

Tim84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you still have the 5.0.1 firmware downloaded on your computer from the previous jailbreak?

If so then you can restore using this by putting the iPad in recovery mode or whatever it's called and holding down shift (I think) while you click restore in iTunes, this will allow you to choose the firmware file to restore from rather than just download then new 5.1 by default.

Once done, jailbreak again.

OP
O

oatesy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the 5.0.1 on computer and I did do the shift thing but I get the error 3194

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
O

oatesy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well basically my iPad is stuck at the apple logo screen and won't boot. Is there anything else I can do or do I just update to 5.1

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
as the strategy guide says...

...you will need to be extra diligent in terms of adding new or updated Cydia tweaks and apps. One false move, perhaps installing a tweak which was designed for the iPhone or IOS 3.x, could render your iPad2 in a state which requires a restore. If that happens you will be restoring to 5.1 and saying goodbye to your jailbreak for a while!
The only safeguard some of you might have is if you have saved SHSH Blobs for 4.3.3 and your iPad2 is not a CDMA model then you can downgrade to 4.3.3 and jailbreak that. It is the APTicket security which cannot be overcome on the iPad2 without a bootrom exploit, but 4.x firmware did not have this feature.

If you need to restore, it's to 5.1, unless you have saved blobs for 4.3.3 in which case you will be able to go back to that version and jailbreak if you choose. But without 4.3.3 blobs already saved from last June, you won't be doing that either.

OP
O

oatesy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Arggh that's ***t suppose I better update to 5.1

Thanks anyways pal

Most reactions

Latest posts