What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 ios 5.0.1

Timey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi everyone, my ipad is currently jailbroken on ios 4.3.3, i know that it's not sure when the jailbreak for ios 5.0.1 will be out but there's something not clear to me, if for example right now i restore my ipad 2 to 5.0.1 and then ios 5.1 comes out can i go back to 4.3.3 being in 5.0.1 non jb? Thanks.

P.S. I think this post is quite confusing, sorry for that.
By the way if cydia doesn't shpw blobs for 4.3.3 can i save them anyway with tiny umbrella since i'm jb on 4.3.3?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If Cydia does not show 4.3.3 blobs for you now then you are completely out of luck. You cannot save them now with TinyUmbrella. You would have had to have saved them back in May 2011 when Apple was still providing them. Because you have an iPad2, you cannot use iFaith to get your blobs either. If you want more information on SHSH Blobs, read our FAQ here - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/59291-shsh-blobs-faq-new-improved-2012-a.html

Your choice now is whether to give up your 4.3.3 jailbreak on the promise of a 5.0.1 JB in the very near future. Only you can make the choice, but in your situation, once you move to 5.0.1 there is NO going back.

Whilst there are no guarantees, we expect a new JB to be released within weeks, not months, given pod2G's latest tweets.

mkiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
erm...but if i have shsh blobs 4.3.3 saved in tinyumbrella,can i downgrade from 5.0.1 to 4.3.3 in case i need to?

Most reactions