What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restore iPad2 5.0.1

Timey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi everyone, i need to restore my ipad 2 due to some new problems that have recently arisen. I know that i have to save blobs (going to do that in a few minutes) but what i'm not 100% sure is whether or not i can go back to 5.0.1 since 5.1 isn't jailbreakable yet, every single time i did this this process both version were jailbreakable so i'm not sure if it can be done if 5.1 isn't. Thanks for help and i apologize if this is a stupid question but i'm not sure, i don't want to risk losing the jailbreak.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope, if you restore your iPad it will restore it to the new 5.1, they only way to get JB back is wait for someone to jailbreak A5 devices or if you saved blobs for 4.3 I believe you can use a program to downgrade to that

OP
T

Timey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry, i believe i didn't explain very well or you might have missed my point, i'm jailbroken on 5.0.1 and i think that i can save blobs? Cydia shows as they're saved but i read that although sometimes it does they're not. Am i missing or forgetting something? I only want to restore (so basically go to 5.1 and then having 5.0.1 blobs saved want to get back to 5.0.1 if possible).
Thanks and i apologize if i've not been clear.

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you go to 5.1 you CAN NOT go back to 5.01 even if you have the BLOBs for 5.01

OP
T

Timey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I see, thanks for help, guess i'll wait for 5.1 jailbreak and also i suppose i misunderstood previous answer, sorry about that.

Most reactions

Latest posts