What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 10th Gen and Apple Pencil (1st gen)

MartyJW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this, but I couldn't see an iPad 10th Gen Discussion

I have a 1st Gen apple pencil (which has worked flawlessly with my previous iPad). I want to pair it with my 10th Gen iPad, for which I need an adaptor... problem is the apple adaptor is out of stock everywhere in the UK! Looking at 4 - 6 weeks before I can get one.

I have an old adaptor, Lighting to Lighting to allow me to charge my Pencil via a cable, which I have tried (via a USBC to USBA Adaptor) but that doesn't work - Suspect it only provides power and not data / pair signal.

Are there any alternative ways to pair my Pencil and iPad, without using the official adaptor?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You’re probably going to have to use the official USB-C to Apple Pencil adaptor to charge and pair with your Apple Pencil. Have you tried the online Apple Store, they often have items not in the retail stores.

Most reactions

Latest posts