What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Gen iPad won't sync/charge from USB or Adapter

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1st Gen iPad won't sync/charge from USB or Adapter(FIXED!)

Just started yesterday. Pulled iPad off the charger and it was at 71%. Did not think much about this at the time, but it was on charge for several hours, so should have been 100%

Plugged into the PC, and will not charge or sync. Tried multiple USB ports, and 2 different cables. Reboot did not help either. This was a refurbished
iPad I just got a few months ago, however I think warranty is gone in June, as that is when I bought the 1st one in 2010.

Have to go in for service?

FIXED IT, POST BELOW...

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - you say you've tried a reboot - but, by this, do you mean - turn the iPad off, press Home and Power together for an extended period until the white Apple logo appears and then let it reboot?

OK - you say you've tried multiple cables. When you plug into the PC, does nothing happen or do you get the 'Not Charging' message in the top menu bar?

Tim

OP
Y

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - you say you've tried a reboot - but, by this, do you mean - turn the iPad off, press Home and Power together for an extended period until the white Apple logo appears and then let it reboot?

OK - you say you've tried multiple cables. When you plug into the PC, does nothing happen or do you get the 'Not Charging' message in the top menu bar?

Tim

Port is bad. Took it to the Apple store to have them look at it. They wanted to charge 260$+tax for another refurbished unit.

Going to do a little research for parts and will just replace the dock port myself.

OP
Y

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fixed it. Pulled iPad apart, and removed 2 screws holding dock connector in. I also reseated the dock connector where it attaches to the main board, and my iPad is now charging and restoring as we speak....

p1010644medium.jpg

Most reactions