What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trading for 1st gen...

Mplough

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 and I'm considering trading down to a gen 1...the price difference is huge, $350 on apple website! I could use the extra funds for other ventures, that's for sure. Are 1st gen users still loving their iPads? Loosing movie is the biggest con I'm facing at this point. I'm not a big gamer, so slower processor and lessor graphics are a huge factor.

Can you all help me think of other pro/cons to help me with my decision! Thanks guys...

Personally I already did. Purchased a 64G, 3G 1st gen from craigslist in brandnew condition for $400. College kid, needed money. Took back my 32g wifi only iPad2 and pocketed $200. No regrets, won't use the cameras, don't really see a BIG difference in speed.

OP
Spag_187

Spag_187

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mplough said:
Personally I already did. Purchased a 64G, 3G 1st gen from craigslist in brandnew condition for $400. College kid, needed money. Took back my 32g wifi only iPad2 and pocketed $200. No regrets, won't use the cameras, don't really see a BIG difference in speed.

Cool, and I replying on my recently acquired iPad 1st gen... This worked out nicely for me!

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad it worked out for you! I have a First Generation and remain more than happy. I don't have any web browsing sluggishness with it. Not sure why that was mentioned. 2 seemed maybe a little faster but I tested it in the store and it's not like it was the end of the world difference that I thought I would come home and would have to rush home and place my order for the 2. When I got home, I couldn't tell the practical difference. And as I continue my daily use of my iPad, I remain quite unaffected by the fact that the next generation is out now. I'll replace my first one when the battery goes on it. I'm happily as is with iPad 1.

Most reactions