What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 1 upgraders! Are you keeping your ipad 1 or selling it?

STi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now that i have my ipad 2 ...I was going to sell my ipad 1 but now i'm not sure...Might keep it as back up,night stand or portable ipad since it has full cover case...What are you guys doing with your original ipad.

IMAG0003.jpg

Last edited:

ChileRick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We can BOTH read The Daily at the same time, and I no longer have to play Words With Friends on my itty bitty iPhone!
That alone is worth the 500+, ISN'T it?

SporkLover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I kept it because my son loved it.

He is the only 2 almost 3 year old with an iPad that I know.

They actually work out as great educational devices. He plays numbers, ABC, matching, sing along, read along (he just listens), and of course Angry Birds!

Mac4Lfe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The wife will get my 16GB 3G when I eventually get the 2.

MSaxatilus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is already sold, even though I'm waiting for my ipad2 to shown up.

MSax

ZibaWal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My wife refuse to accept hands me down :( lol would rather like white 2:)

So sold it through a forum for $350, 16gb wifi

leey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm, I don't get an iPad 2, as Im not considering to buy it, as though the iPad 2 is slimmer, lighter, but except the iMovie and Garageband are great upgrade, think about with iMovie maybe I don't need the iFunia video converter to do my video converting and editing~ However, to me, no SD slot, no Retina display, no much surprise...
I think I would like to stick with the 1gen iPad and wait for iPad 3 ;)

Mmj2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SporkLover said:
I kept it because my son loved it.

He is the only 2 almost 3 year old with an iPad that I know.

They actually work out as great educational devices. He plays numbers, ABC, matching, sing along, read along (he just listens), and of course Angry Birds!

Nope he's not. My 3 year old has had one for a while. He has speech and language processing issues and there are a ton of apps that are good extensions of his therapy. Plus he loves to watch monster jam videos on YouTube :p

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
S

STi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leey said:
Hmm, I don't get an iPad 2, as Im not considering to buy it, as though the iPad 2 is slimmer, lighter, but except the iMovie and Garageband are great upgrade, think about with iMovie maybe I don't need the iFunia video converter to do my video converting and editing~ However, to me, no SD slot, no Retina display, no much surprise...
I think I would like to stick with the 1gen iPad and wait for iPad 3 ;)

Umm..I don't notice a big diff but i gotta say i love how thin it is...I think 1 was built better the volume rocker and buttons feel more durable the speaker set up seems better than the drilled holes...I think apple might be cutting cost like other manf's..I notice some speed diff but knowing it has double ram and dual core make me feel better...Did i mention how i love how thin it is! I think if it wasn't for the thin part i would have returned it and stuck with 1...But when i'm at hoem i pull off the smart cover and just enjoy how thin it is!...lol...looking foward to the galaxy 10.1 in june!

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I locked in a price for my ipad1 the week before the iPad 2 launched (gazelle.com). Bought my iPad 2 on launch day. Then I finally shipped off the old one, and I received the check last week.

No regrets, I like everything about the new one so much better. Can't wait for the 1080p iPad 2 games to hit the app store! :)

Most reactions