What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 1 to Ipad 2

Dezota

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, done a backup from ip 1 to ip2 ok, the only problem is that al the apps are scattered all over and not in folders like on my ip 1. I thought it would be an exacted copy of ip 1 or do o have to manually make the same folders.
Thanks

Reaction score
I am not sure why your folders didn't copy over, that certainly was not supposed to happen. A restored iPad shouldn't be distinguishable from the original iPad.

The only option I see, as you already identified is creating the folders again. If you do this via iTunes on the iPad apps tab, it will be faster than doing it straight on the iPad.

AJsAWiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did the same but everything was the same as the iPad after I restored from backup to the iPad2.
The iPad2 was a clone of the iPad.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Had no problems here as everything was mirrored beautifully.

Have you compared the screens side by side?
The new one seems crisper somehow, colors a bit more vibrant. I did adjust the brightness but it could just be that it's cleaner and my eyes are defective......

Rlarson_mn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 2 is much brighter than my original iPad at the same brightness setting. Had to reduce my iPad 2 brightness to 25% to match my original iPad brightness setting of 50%.

SporkLover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like you didn't restore the apps, sounds like the apps were just transferred over from iTunes.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My iPad 2 is much brighter than my original iPad at the same brightness setting. Had to reduce my iPad 2 brightness to 25% to match my original iPad brightness setting of 50%.

Wow, I'm the opposite - both @ 100% brightness appear more or less identical. From 50% upwards, they are similar but below 50% the iPad 1 appears brighter. The iPad 2, especially at lower brightness levels has a warmer, yellow tint to whites so clearly a different panel manufacturer.

Scottn68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had same issue w/ folders and apps

Got my ipad2 on day 1. Had already updated ipad1 to 4.3 and did back-up. When i restored backup to ip2 was having all kinds of problems with apps/folders on the ip2. What I ended up doing was downloading iOs 4.3 from iTunes for the ip2 and restored the OS. Then restored the backup from ip1 to it. Everything works great. Not sure, but wonder if there is some difference in the download version of iOS 4.3 and the shipped version on the ip2. I didn't check the version of the installed 4.3 before I did it to compare, but makes me wonder, considering the time frames it would have taken to install and ship the ip2 as opposed to the release of 4.3 through iTunes.

OP
D

Dezota

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got this sorted now, looks like the problem was with ITunes I found 4 different backups so I deleted them all except for 1 then did a restore from the 1 backup now all the apps, folders, setting are all the same on my iPad 2

Most reactions

Latest posts