What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HP p1102w will not stay on network

rfmeredith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm setting up an iPad for my in-laws. We had to start from the beginning by ordering DSL service for them, so everything is new. There was a conflict with the DSL modem and the Linksys router - both had the same IP address - which was solved by changing the IP on the Router from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.2.1.

I set up the printer, updated the firmware and went through the installation using my Mac, while on the phone with HP tech support (DHCP). Everything worked. Then when the printer was power cycled, it was no longer visible on the Wifi network by either the iPad or the Mac. The blue Wifi light was on solid. It was on the wifi network but had no IP address. Power cycling the modem and router had no effect. The only solution was to reset the printer and set it up all over again using the Mac via USB cable. This happens every time the printer is turned off.

I suspect the problem may stem from the new IP for the router (changing the "1" to "2". I thought the answer would be to assign a static IP to the printer but I can't get it to take it. I have reserved an IP on the router for the printer. Every time I try to change the printer IP to static, I enter the IP I have reserved for it, but it tells me the IP is invalid. For subnet, gateway etc., I copied all the same numbers the Mac is using on the same network.

Can anyone guide me through step-by-step, how to set up a static IP for this printer?

Last edited:
OP
R

rfmeredith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is solved. Even though the dialog told me "invalid IP" I just had to continue and ignore the message. I assigned a static IP. Whenever the printer is powered down, the modem and router must be power cycled to get the printer visible on the network again.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for letting us know. This will be very useful to other Members who face the same problem.

Much appreciated.

Tim

Fsa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi and sorry for my english

the modem and router must be power cycled to get the printer visible on the network again.

You must restart router everytime the printer power down or not ?
Cause my ipad don t find anything when printer is in sleep mode.

My c310a have a static ip
I can find printer everytime with my windows 7

OP
R

rfmeredith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi and sorry for my english
You must restart router everytime the printer power down or not ?
Cause my ipad don t find anything when printer is in sleep mode.

My c310a have a static ip
I can find printer everytime with my windows 7
Yes, modem and router must be power cycled only if printer has been turned off or unplugged. It works fine if it only goes to sleep.

Make sure you have latest firmware from HP.

Fsa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok thank you.

I opened a new post cause my problem is different.

Most reactions

Latest posts