What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 1 stopping for no reason

cfli1688c1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a ipad 1 16gb wifi only. Once in a while, it will shutdown by itself and i can not power it back up, with any button (home or power)
some of the following has worked to start it back again:
1- long press the home button, as long as 1 minute, tried it plugged into the wall, and plugged it into the laptop
2- let it sit and about 1 or 2 hours pass by and it will come back again

-- for the above 2 methods, when the ipad started up again, its as the lock/unlock screen

-- so, it looks like its at some kind of sleep, and not shutdown

-- when it shutdown by itself, it could happen after i press the power button to shut the screen, or after the screen timeout

I had changed the screen on this ipad, after i brought it as a cracked screen

could something is loose inside the ipad?

any ideas? thanks

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Does it shutdown while playing games? My old 3gs was doing that because the battery was getting hotter and triggered a safety shutdown mechanism.

Check if your iPad is hot or at least warmer than usual when it happens. If its the case, then there is a good chance that the battery is getting old and will need to be replaced...

OP
C

cfli1688c1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i will need to check the battery. but no, it does not shutdown when i am playing. just when i shut it down, it does not startup again.

jasandalb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mine will randomly go back to the home screen when I am in the app store.... any thoughts? battery is 90%+ and isnt hot

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You said in your first post that you had your iPad screen replaced. Did you do this yourself? Or if you had a shop do this, maybe you can take it back to them and see if they can fix the problem? Or you might go to an Apple store and they might offer you an exchange, but that might cost you some additional money.

Good luck.

Most reactions

Latest posts