What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 1 owners, will you be getting the iPad 2?

Will you be upgrading?

• Totally, gotta have the new thing!

Votes: 43 33.1%
  • No thanks, I'll be getting my money's worth out of the original.

Votes: 87 66.9%

• Total voters

Digitel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Upgrading not in my mind yet, what important thing now is that :D i am still enjoying of what i have now.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Honestly I am much more interested to see what the iPod Touch 5G has in store for us than the iPad 2. These things are too expensive for me to upgrade every year, but my Touch's battery is starting to get pretty weak, so I think an upgrade is in order.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
for me a camera and face time is not worth an upgrade. i have those on my iphone4.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Initially I was wanting to but now I am much more likely to keep the original and see how well the Android 3.0 Honeycomb tablets review. I do love my iPad and the apps but I'm seriously leaning towards Android now. My biggest use for the iPad is browsing, email and as a Google news reader. Without the other apps, I can see a Honeycomb tablet providing a more complete experience due to full Flash support and potential to make the device more productive due to easier access to documents etc.
I still love how well the iPad works otherwise but with all this impending competition and no excuses from current mobile hardware ability, I do think Apple are just being stubborn now when it comes to the whole Flash debate. If they are so against Flash then why is it available for Macs?

iain1970

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my basic 16GB Wi-Fi model for internettings and keeping my son quiet in the back of the car as a video player when games of I-Spy or a book have become tedious.

It's hard to know how much more 'useful' the v2 will be and the price will be too much to shell out so soon after the current one was bought in July.

I like my iPad, but it's not my life. As such, Mr Jobs won't be getting any more money out of me for some time.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At the current time, no. Just got my iPad right after Thanksgiving, so no plan to upgrade. Do I enjoy the latest-sure of course! But like with my desktop, will probably wait a couple years. My primary desktop is actually at least three years old in fact, and we have others in the house that are more than 5 years old too.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm going to wait and see.

- A high resolution display: yes
- Adding a camera: no
- Other: let's see how well Steve sells it ;)

streetrider nick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe, I purchased my Ipad when apple had a deal on refurbished ones after christmas but if I could sell it for a reasonable price and if the Ipad 2 has:

1) A USB port

2)A front facing camera, a back would be a plus so you could use it to "scan" documents by taking a picture of them. The quality would not be as good as a scanner but it would be better than nothing. I know from experience that even 11pt font is readable with at least 5 megapixels.

3)Higher res screen

4) Louder and better quality speakers

I really doubt all of these upgrades will happen for the Ipad 2 so I am not planning on upgrading at this point in time

Rperez414

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm planning on getting one because it will be smaller and lighter. That's the only reason.

I'd rather facetime on my iphone4 so I couldnt care less about the camera.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope, not with a $600 32GB Wi-Fi/GPS capable Motorola Xoom coming. :)

I wont completely discount the possibility of buying an iPad in the future, just depends what direction they go with iOS and expandability options.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wont completely discount the possibility of buying an iPad in the future...
If I only lived in Las Vegas or Atlantic City I would take that bet!

Nothing ever stays the same. If Apple changes their ways with iOS I might buy another one.

But it appears they aren't going that way at all, showing their typical greed with iTunes and forcing developers to do things that benefit Apple and not the developer. Hopefully this anti-trust investigation by the FCC accomplishes something.

Last edited:

jcherepy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mbern1008 said:
I have the Ipad1. When the 2 comes out if it is the same prices I will consider getting the 2 and handing down the 1 to my wife. Next year when the 3 comes out my wife gets the 2 and one of the kids gets the 1.... etc

I plan on doing the same except my daughter gets the 1.

Most reactions