What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 1/2 to iPad 3???

tazz3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
if people own a ipad2 its silly to upgrade to the ipad3 buecause the ipad 2 is still awesome. now if people own a ipad1 it will be well worth it to upgrade o the ipad3

ipaddeveloper888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i am getting an ipad 3, but for my wife. I will keep the ipad 2 for at least another year. then I will get the ipad 4!

IGonz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm getting an iPad 3. I'm not going to work Wednesday. Going to watch the keynote if I can and check out all of the ipad discussions throughout the day.
I might even wear my turtleneck.

Last edited:

mikespe

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just got the iPad 2 about 3 weeks ago...I am new to Apple (Windows & android guy) so I am still learning everything with Apple. I am interested to see what will be offered in the iPad 3 (I've only read the rumors that all of you have). So I think I will hold off at least until all the bugs are worked out before I decide to get one. HOWEVER I just MIGHT get another iPad 2 when their prices drop...but I will get a BIGGER one...I have the 16GB now but it's almost full already! Androids don't fill up as fast because you have the 32gb microSD card to help you out with space. So the internal memory is all for apps & OS. I would love to see if I can get a 64gb ipad 2 close to the same price that a current 16gb model would cost.

OP
seikooc

seikooc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
freebirdforever said:
Im upgrading. No question about it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Automatic upgrade? Seems extreme. May I ask why?

:) seikooc :(

meta4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have an iPad2, don't plan to upgrade yet. Took me until early May to finally receive it, after weeks of calling -and visitIng- stores in 3 states. Well worth the wait and effort, but no rush this time. Looking forward to seeing what will be new, but just looking right now.

Biddy44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 and have been on the fence. If you're not a gadget geek there probably isn't an overpowering reason to upgrade unless the higher-res display or better cameras are important to what you do...and they end up actually being in the product.

My wife wants mine and I could use a memorey upgrade to my 16gb model, so I'll probably get one unless the announcement really disappoints.

Last edited:

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ip2 is 6 months new and runs like a high end Swiss time piece. I have my wife's 2011 Mac pro sitting in the guest bedroom / office. There is no practical reason to get ip3 but I am. Apple knows most just want the latest toy. Ip2 is great. Mine just works. I wish I was one of the smarter more disciplined consumers who know there is no practical reason to upgrade. Plenty of cool reasons though.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Automatic upgrade? Seems extreme. May I ask why?

:) seikooc :(

1) I have an ipad 2 sold to gazelle.com already so im only paying about 200 dollars out of pocket.

2) I work for best buy (so ill have no issues getting one launch day) and it allows me to do my job better. And having the latest model also allows me to show customers how it can be used without the limits of our demo models.

3) I have always upgraded :)

Cheers m8

OP
seikooc

seikooc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
freebirdforever said:
1) I have an ipad 2 sold to gazelle.com already so im only paying about 200 dollars out of pocket.

2) I work for best buy (so ill have no issues getting one launch day) and it allows me to do my job better. And having the latest model also allows me to show customers how it can be used without the limits of our demo models.

3) I have always upgraded :)

Cheers m8

Fare enough. What loss did you take on your iPad 2? If you don't mind me asking....

:) seikooc :)

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Fare enough. What loss did you take on your iPad 2? If you don't mind me asking....

:) seikooc :)

I sold it for 350 to gazelle.com a few weeks ago. They give you a 30 day window to return the device. So I still have 2 weeks with my ipad 2 to backup, etc before I get my 3 :)

Fyi, they're buying on gazelle for about 290 last I checked.

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Normally these things are covered by sites like Engadget with a live report and pictures as Apple only allows broadcasting live from very few events (if any). I'm sure a link to a feed will be pasted on the forums in the lead up to the event.

The Archangel

CNN usually has a live feed on their site, tv, and iPad/iPhone apps.

Gonna be upgrading in August because school is going to pay for it anyways. Gonna look at getting something with 3G this time around.

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Preordered the original iPad and received it on release day--best purchase I have ever made-- have used it every single day. Did not purchase iPad 2 but plan on getting 3 ASAP!

ooney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Love the IPad 2. I really need to see what the iPad 3 has to offer. I really
Ike my iPad 2.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

kaka222

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have already sold my ipad2 month ago to buy ipad3, because I wanted retina display, if apple don't upgrade anything but retina display, I am ready to buy ipad3

Most reactions

Latest posts