What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS6 issues

cru1ser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nickbcn said:
Since the ipad was updated to IO6, nothing but problems with the email. They often takes ages to send, and the inbox is mysteriously emptied, losing all correspondence. Can I go back to the old system. I have tried reinstalling emails, but it hasn't done any good. I'm pretty fed up with this.

I had email receiving issues with the new op system. I could send but not receive gmail. I visited a Genius Bar, we removed my email account, then reinstalled it. Seems to be fine. In further investigation, it was a gmail issue, which has yet to be resolved. Also added gmail icon from Google as back up.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
cru1ser said:
I had email receiving issues with the new op system. I could send but not receive gmail. I visited a Genius Bar, we removed my email account, then reinstalled it. Seems to be fine. In further investigation, it was a gmail issue, which has yet to be resolved. Also added gmail icon from Google as back up.

Whether you can go back to iOS 5.1.1 or not depends on what device you have and whether or not you saved the blobs from previous iOS versions.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nickbcn said:
Since the ipad was updated to IO6, nothing but problems with the email. They often takes ages to send, and the inbox is mysteriously emptied, losing all correspondence. Can I go back to the old system. I have tried reinstalling emails, but it hasn't done any good. I'm pretty fed up with this.

Whether or not you can downgrade to iOS 5.1.1 depends on which device you have and whether or not you saved the blobs for previous iOS versions.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You could try forget network, then allow the iPad to pick up the network afresh. If this doesn't work, reboot the router.

cru1ser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
You could try forget network, then allow the iPad to pick up the network afresh. If this doesn't work, reboot the router.

Nothing to do with the networks, it is op sys glitch.

janner43

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I have 3 Gmail accounts all setup on my iPad 3 running iOS 6 without any glitches at all.

If it happens again, I would remove your Gmail account, then reset your iPad - Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart. Then add your Gmail account/s back again. :)

cru1ser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
janner43 said:
I have 3 Gmail accounts all setup on my iPad 3 running iOS 6 without any glitches at all.

If it happens again, I would remove your Gmail account, then reset your iPad - Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart. Then add your Gmail account/s back again. :)

Did that already, I'm good to go...

Most reactions

Latest posts