What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS5 Tips and Tricks

edcm1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you don't use News Stand and want to hide it from the home screen, here's how. Take two apps and merge them to create a folder. The ---VERY QUICKLY---drag and drop News Stand into it. You have to be quick. It took me a few minutes and quite a few attempts to get it to work.

Apparently you must drag it back out of the folder for it to work.

Anyway, I no longer have to stare at that empty News Stand!

No matter how quick I try to move it, it doesn't work on mine. I have the first generation iPad. I hope they manage to fix that bug. I'm frustrated enough with just that alone to want to try to take it off. This new upgrade is very frustrating.

Esther
1st Gen iPad 64GB 3G

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
edcm1 said:
No matter how quick I try to move it, it doesn't work on mine. I have the first generation iPad. I hope they manage to fix that bug. I'm frustrated enough with just that alone to want to try to take it off. This new upgrade is very frustrating.

Esther
1st Gen iPad 64GB 3G

Honesty, save yourself a headache and just slide any apps you don't want to be looking at the easy way. I moved news stand in about 5 seconds by using the method previously mentioned. Put your finger on the app till it jiggles. Keep your finger on it, then drag off to the side. You need to just keep it for a second on the edge of the screen and it will whoosh on over to the next screen. Keep going till you've got it where you want it.
Alternatively, slide two of your seldom used apps on top of each other and rename the folder 'seldom used apps' or whatever and store them all in there by jiggling them and sliding them.

davidfmendes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask it (sorry if not) but here it goes: why podcasts' episodes I download in iPad do NOT show up in my iPhone, both running iOS 5 with iCloud and all sync enabled? What should I do so podcast episodes I download in one device show up in all devices (including iTunes on my MacBook)?

ladster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need help quick
I have an iPad 2 iOS 5 and someone using the same wifi/computer has an iPod 2nd gen (not ios5)can get the iPod get the photos from Photostreaam please awnser quick!!!!:S

No1zeppelinfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a list anywhere with all the gestures on?

Thanks everyone for all of these awesome tips!

No one has mentioned this yet, but I thought I would just mention the gestures:
1. With four fingers toward the bottom of the screen, swipe up to get your task bar.
2. With four fingers toward the center of the screen, pinch to close an app.
3. With four fingers, swipe right to toggle between apps.

I think those are the only three, or the only three I know!

yellowhorse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay with all those tips and trix!!! Lol. Does anyone have a solution for when the keyboard covers the text box and u need to make corrections? It'll work that bubble to get to a letter only if it's a sentence. But if it's more than a sentence the bubble malfunctions and the keyboard sticks and doesn't let u do anything. And if it's the fb text editor even if u turn the screen the keyboard turns and covers the box again. I'll try and find a similar thread to post that in for problems. Lol

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yellowhorse said:
Okay with all those tips and trix!!! Lol. Does anyone have a solution for when the keyboard covers the text box and u need to make corrections? It'll work that bubble to get to a letter only if it's a sentence. But if it's more than a sentence the bubble malfunctions and the keyboard sticks and doesn't let u do anything. And if it's the fb text editor even if u turn the screen the keyboard turns and covers the box again. I'll try and find a similar thread to post that in for problems. Lol

You can also undock and split the keyboard hitting that button that Rambler refers to.....

The Archangel

Attachments

• image-425674554.png
    image-425674554.png
    99.9 KB · Views: 379
  • image-1834266300.png
    image-1834266300.png
    98.4 KB · Views: 361

Nick Burns

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This one has been making the rounds among different websites- once you split the keyboard, just to the left and right of the keys of the split, you get the key on the opposite side of the split. For instance, tap to the right of the letter T and you'll get the letter Y and vice versa.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts