What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS5 releases October 12th as a free upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problems with iPad 2. Took iPhone 4 3 hours until I resolved that comp couldn't verify over wireless. Needed ole LAN hookup. IOS 5 up n running.

emilysmom03 said:
No issues with either my iPad 2 or my iPhone 4. I had both running iOS 5 in less then two hours. Sorry to those that have had a challenge today. Split keyboard on iPad 2 is awesome :))

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Yes it is! It took me less than two hours as well. I think it would have taken me an hour if I would have reset my iPad after backing it up. But I had no problems as well, I normally have to turn off my firewall for this process. But we want have to worry about this process any more.

Darn...i cant believe my luck...
while waiting iOS 5 out, i downloading two and half men..after that series complete then iTunes says iOS 5 is available.....My modem break down (again) . this is my 2nd Huawei modem in 3 months....i had to wait until tommorow and get replace a new modem from my provider..hopefully i dont get another Huawei again.....

p3unit32 said:
Yes it is! It took me less than two hours as well. I think it would have taken me an hour if I would have reset my iPad after backing it up. But I had no problems as well, I normally have to turn off my firewall for this process. But we want have to worry about this process any more.

That's what they say. :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Well the iPod worked great. The iPhone 3GS not so good. It got and error, really close to start. Asked me if I wanted to continue, I said yes. Then it locked up iTunes, iPhone and computer. Waiting on iPad

richsadams said:
FWIW I've been attempting to move my Mobile Me account to iCloud and keep getting a "try again later" message. As others have said, Apple's servers are no doubt swamped right now so I think I'll take the dogs for a walk. :)

Please let me know when you transfer MobileMe to iCloud.

Help!! I keep trying to upgrade to ios5 but keep getting error messages, anyone know why? Everything else if up to date. HELP!!

Sent from my iPad 2

jackblack said:
Help!! I keep trying to upgrade to ios5 but keep getting error messages, anyone know why? Everything else if up to date. HELP!!

Sent from my iPad 2

I got an error message but I unplugged the iPad and it rebooted and everything was fine.
I am a nut but I do not believe you can hurt the iPad worse case is you do a reinstall.

ELSELS said:
Hello,

New kid on the block here! - ;) - As I am entering into the 'World of Apple',
what is MobileMe and iCloud, and are these FREE?

Thanks!

Ed

Forget mobile me that is dead and yes iCloud is free. Welcome and enjoy when everything works. It is starry stepping away from the pc for the first week. Will help you more on that but get the iCloud installed and this update done first.

Sent from my iPad 2
Odds are the server connection is timing out. Millions of folks are updating not only their iOS devices, but Lion, iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie and some other just-released applications.

I'm thinking Apple might have done well to stagger some of them, but it is what it is.

Best bet is to either keep trying or wait a few hours or days until things quiet down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back