What's new

iOS5 releases October 12th as a free upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hayles66 said:
yes, I know. Empty house at the moment.

Awhhh!!! Sweet puppy. So sorry for your loss. ;'(

Sent from my Pink Hearts Sparkly Black Verizon 32GB iPhone 4 using iPF
 
IOS 5 is awesome on the iPad 2! I love the split keyboard feature.
 
frajer said:
Guys, be happy. Just imagine that iOS is sold in some of big and real store. What a croud of Apple users would be on the entrance :)

FraJer

Good point.
 
The only thing that's missing in the update is Siri. Would have been nice had she ported to the iPad 2 as well.
 
Updating both the wife's and my IPads with 5.0 but keep getting error code when trying to update phone. Server is swamped so will try later
 
richsadams said:
I have about 7GB's of apps and the iPad App restore is taking the longest so far...

I thought it was just me, it did take a while though.
 
p3unit32 said:
Good point.

OK I am writing to you all LIVE from my iPad 2 IOS Version 5. Can't wait to use messaging on the iPad and iPhone!! My peeps aren't updated yet. I am the only true Apple enthusiast in the family lol!!! Besides they are at work and I am NOT.

Sent from my Verizon 64GB Black iPad2 using iPF
 
p3unit32 said:
Has anyone finished downloading iOS 5, and restoring their iPad?

Yes indeedy!!! It's great so far

Sent from my Verizon 64GB Black iPad2 using iPF
 
Download took about 11 min. here. Updating the iPad now. Backup is obviously not incremental...taking some time for that.

iPad is in restore mode now. Moving along nicely though.

Hello Rich,

My iPad 1 - (used, but new to me, first time owner/user) is expected to be delivered tomorrow, Thursday, October 13.

What about this 'back-up' you are referring to?

Once I get my iPad, I simply connect to my computer (yes have the newest iTunes installed, ready to go),
then if I understand correctly, iTunes will detect my iPad, and then offer the new OS - iOS 5 to me?

Back to my question: 'About backing up' - will this process (I Hope), be done completely automatically?

The seller I bought the iPad from, said that they were doing a factory reset (or is it called restore)?

Where does this 'back-up' file(s), going to be stored?

Thanks for the help so far,

Have a nice day,

Ed
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom