What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS5 backing up forever

Lovemyipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Someone please help. I started the update last night around 930pm and her it is today at 2:30 it's still backing up the phone. I need my phone can't afford another day without being able to use it. If I unplug it will I be screwed!?!?

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Join the club. I started last night at 6pm and my iPad is still copying my music, apps etc ... I'd leave it if I were you. You would have to start all over again

OP
Lovemyipad2

Lovemyipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Hayles66 makes me feel better to know I am not alone but sorry you have to deal with it too ...

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's okay. We are all a little frazzled. I'm now doing my iPhone 4 so I will also probably not have my phone tomorrow if it goes the same way. Sigh. Maybe should have waited. Patience was never really my thing. Apple love sucks. Or so my daughters tell me.

OP
Lovemyipad2

Lovemyipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The way it's going I'm never going to get to my iPad or iTouch....deep breathes... Lol

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, my iPhone 4 was a hell of a lot quicker. It's just updating the media now so I'm hoping, crossing fingers now.

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine took a long time to upgrade. Turns out I had to continue on the iPad to Finnish.

64GB 3G White iPad

kattee817

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am really, really, really trying to be patient. Still in back up mode after 1 hour. I thought I upgraded yesterday, I mean the screen indicated that it was installing ios 5, but two hours later, it was still ios 4.something.

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would start over. Backup shouldn't take that long. The entire process only took two 1/2 hours on my 3G 64gb iPad 2.
Restoring apps is taking a while on my iPhone 32gb.
It seems to let you use the phone while it restores the apps. That or something is wrong.

64GB 3G White iPad

OP
Lovemyipad2

Lovemyipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I lost everything... Ughh backup never ended and I had to restore back to the factory settings now my phone won't sync and I get an error -50... After over 15 hours of having no phone just so I could have the update. Now I'm afraid to do my iPad.#sosad my head hurts.

fabarca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I friend of mine had a similar problem. I'll ask him what he did and if it worked out.

OP
Lovemyipad2

Lovemyipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kattee817 said:
I am really, really, really trying to be patient. Still in back up mode after 1 hour. I thought I upgraded yesterday, I mean the screen indicated that it was installing ios 5, but two hours later, it was still ios 4.something.

Whatever you do wait for it to backup or e.se you will loose everything when you update.

Most reactions