What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"An unknown error has ocurred." while updating or installing apps

jannyi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

this is my first und hopefully last problem with my iPad 2 (already updated to IOS5). Everything has been working fine for me for the past two months. Today, the app store showed me there was an update to install, so when I tried to do so, I was prompted to enter my password (as usual), but when I confirmed, App store quit and threw me the following message (in German): "Ein unbekannter Fehler ist aufgetreten.", which means "An unknown error has ocurred.".

Memory is not full, I still have > 30 GB spare memory. I have turned off and on the device, but without luck.

Any idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks!

alearbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi jannyi, same here. I'm italian and I have the same problem since this afternoon. I also noticed that I can't open Apple website from my pc...don't know if these issues are related.

alearbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It works fine for me today. I'm apdating an app using thetering with a samsung galaxy.

PhilMac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try this: go to Settings and choose "Store." Click on your Apple ID and choose "Sign Out." Then sign back in.

Most reactions