What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 8.1.1 upgrade problems

OP
S

saisamhita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Ipad2 is working fine, and after installing 8.1.1 suddenly it stopped working. Full of colors and not loading at all. Looks like apple is realeasing new software to spoil old ipads, so people will buy new one.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Ipad2 is working fine, and after installing 8.1.1 suddenly it stopped working. Full of colors and not loading at all. Looks like apple is realeasing new software to spoil old ipads, so people will buy new one.
Neither Apple nor any other company would ever deliberately sabotage its older products to get customers to upgrade. Such a move would drive their customer base to the competition instead of buying the newer product. There are any number of programming experts out there who check every line of code in any new iOS release and who would easily detect any code designed to disable older iPads.

Your problems are almost certainly not caused by the update to iOS 8.1.1 but by some underlying problem with your iPad. It could be anything from a hardware problem to not giving the update enough time to settle down and reindex after the upgrade.

If you could be more specific in stating exactly what is happening with your iPad, including any error messages you may have received, we may be better placed to help solve your problems.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've moved your posts to their own thread because they were hijacking a three year old thread that had nothing to do with your problems. This will give your problem more visibility and make it more likely to attract helpful replies.

jaysel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think Saisamhita wants any comments. It looks more like a pointless rant from a fool who wants someone to blame.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think Saisamhita wants any comments. It looks more like a pointless rant from a fool who wants someone to blame.
You may or may not be right in your comment but that is all your contribution here is, merely a comment.... just like the OP's.
But, in expressing a viewpoint, we don't call another member derogatory names on this forum, which takes politeness very seriously....Forum Rule 1.5 should clarify that for you.
Thanks for your understanding.
Andrew

tron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A lot of people lack technical expertise and may see differences in their devices happen coincidentally to a change employed. Rather than insult one should offer meaningful advice like in this case asking OP to restore and reinstall the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You could try restoring from iTunes. Worked for me when I had a problem.
I can understand your concern but as The OB says, please give as much detail as possible with regards to your issues and I am sure some wise soul on here will offer a solution.
Good luck.

Most reactions