What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 7 problems

kippyw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, I could start a new thread, but. I just want to ask all:
"Is the new IOS.7 upgrade a wise move for iPad3?"

Mine is working perfectly without the upgrade... although 29 of my app all upgraded yesterday in prep for a new IOS.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
For me, the utility of the new Control Center is worth the handful of minor bugs. We'll all get used to the visual differences soon enough.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No problems here, it's working better than before. I had some minor glitches at first, they disppeared after one day.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh definitely. My iPad 3 is great. Worth updating for. Apart from minor glitches. Love everything. Can't wait for uk to get iTunes Radio.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I upgraded my 3 Friday not long after it was available. I always make sure I'm backed up in icloud but especially Dropbox. no problems at all. A few quirks that I think will get ironed out but... Just go to Settings and choose a background. Mine did not open with white BG AIR but I chose one immediately anyhow, both for lock screen and home screen. i uppgraded my husband's 4s and 2 Apple TVs, one of which bricked but a micro USB and itunes solved that issue.

I love control panel, multitasking cards with ability to just flick an app up and closed since I use so many, itunes Radio, lots of little things i especially like.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder if Austria will ever get iTunes Radio. We still don't get TV series in iTunes.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So, I could start a new thread, but. I just want to ask all:
"Is the new IOS.7 upgrade a wise move for iPad3?"

Mine is working perfectly without the upgrade... although 29 of my app all upgraded yesterday in prep for a new IOS.

Had you updated all of them before IOS7? i have no updates and i have a huge number of apps so would have expected some if they are updating for yet another upgrade, maybe to 7.1. i have read that 7.1 was already in beta before 7.0 came out. i just had one pop up but i have a long list of the last ones to be updated that have already been done--it appears that they maintain the last upgrades for awhile with info.

For the person wanting to upgrade a 3, my 64 GB 3G is doing fine. Very satisfied. My brother updated an ipad 2--I had cautioned him to wait but i found a tech blogger who had tried it and said his worked fine so relayed that to him and he did his update. Also happy with it,

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
oh dear, don't update to ios7

FINALLY managed to update my ipad to ios7 but I'm wishing I hadn't now! touchscreen has lost a lot of sensitivity I now have to tap several times on some icons & others won't work at all! trying to do someting like set a photo for wallpaper is now very difficult & the thing seems to freeze like windows 3.1 used to back in the early 90's! sad
y unlike windows, you can't revert to earlier OS! Very disappointing!

Suirsam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have updated to IOS7 on my ipad and iphone 5 and both are working well with no problems. The programmes are certainly faster and overall the colours are more vibrant.

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
maybe its ok for the iphone but im talking about ipad! A major step backwards Id say! Im going to look at reverting to ios6 which I have heard is still a possibility

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It isn't possible any more.
Give it a try, get a little bit used to it. I updated 3 iPads, all of them are working fine with it, and I like the new features.

Ladyurbain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated a couple of days ago. I'm not totally sold on it either but I will continue to mess with it.

Most reactions

Latest posts