What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 7 - first impressions

alicepattinson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I like the new toggles of the iOS7. I just dont like the laggy thing and my battery is draining fast :(

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I updated my iPad 2 and am not too impressed. It's a change of pace, but no great improvement (even has some detractors). I want to get a better assessment before updating my mini. My Words with Friends doesn't seem to rotate, and where did the search page go (I actually use it to find my apps sometimes)?

We've had other reports on Words with Friends, I have it also.....I guess an update will need to be done for this game to fix the orientation problem.

If you swipe down between your apps with 1 finger on a screen, you will see the Search feature appear at the top. Just slide your finger back up to be rid of it.

If your experiencing any problems, do a reset of your iPad and this should help.

Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you may see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

cera1371

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With the update how do I go about closing apps? I use to be able to 4finger swipe or double click the button, now it does not work the same and we cannot figure out how to use what does come up. Any info would be great. Thanks

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
With the update how do I go about closing apps? I use to be able to 4finger swipe or double click the button, now it does not work the same and we cannot figure out how to use what does come up. Any info would be great. Thanks
Tap the screenshots above the icons and drag them upwards. You can do this one by one, or two/three at a time.

image-781359202.jpg

Last edited:

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A quick swipe of the small picture upwards will close., and tapping it will re-open it. Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

donnaedavidson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sadly my worst decision since I got my ipad--update to ios 7. Lost all of my contacts, will no longer sync with my work e-mail and the calendar dropped half of my entries. Spent the last day and a half reloading contacts and trying to get the calendar reloaded with all of the data. If this is progress it sure is lost on me. So very disappointed and the final insult there is no way to return to ios 6

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sadly my worst decision since I got my ipad--update to ios 7. Lost all of my contacts, will no longer sync with my work e-mail and the calendar dropped half of my entries. Spent the last day and a half reloading contacts and trying to get the calendar reloaded with all of the data. If this is progress it sure is lost on me. So very disappointed and the final insult there is no way to return to ios 6

Apple has ALWAYS closed previous OS iterations. This is not new with iOS 7. I'm sorry you're having so much trouble, though.

donnaedavidson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response--I just expected the upgrade to make things better not delete half of the things I use often. I wish the information on ios 7 would have warned they would be deleting e-mail accounts, contacts and calendar entries I would never have agreed to upgrade. At this point I do not see any improvement to my ios 6 features just a whole lot of work to get back to where I was before I pushed the upgrade button. Oh so frustrated!!!!!

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response--I just expected the upgrade to make things better not delete half of the things I use often. I wish the information on ios 7 would have warned they would be deleting e-mail accounts, contacts and calendar entries I would never have agreed to upgrade. At this point I do not see any improvement to my ios 6 features just a whole lot of work to get back to where I was before I pushed the upgrade button. Oh so frustrated!!!!!

I lost nothing when I upgraded. I'm not sure why you did. Did you back up to iTunes before you upgraded? You may be able to recover what you lost from there.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I just noticed that some photo albums are incomplete. The original photos are still in the camera roll, but their links to the respective albums got broken. Not all, but some. FWIW, I started with a restore from a backup made immediately before updating.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the update. The only complaint I have is it appears that I have emails in a couple folders but I don't. I don't know how to fix that.

Kotja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraded last night and at first thought it had been a huge mistake but the more I play around with it, the more I like it. There are some things I don't like. I miss the legal pad-type notes but I'm sure I will adjust to the white pages eventually. I don't like the new look for folders but I like having more than 20 apps in there. I love the new multi-task bar. I noticed some system lag at first but a reset seems to have fixed that problem. My main complaint was the hard to read system font but I enabled bold font and used a darker background, so that is no longer a problem. All my apps seem to be working fine other than a Goodreader crash this morning. A quick reboot got it working again and so far all is good. One thing I have noticed seems to be a font color change in iBooks. I can't figure out how to get my black font back but it's just a minor annoyance. I am having some battery issues. I've turned off everything I deem unnecessary but the battery is still draining faster than normal. I'm going to blame that on the fact that I've been playing with this thing nonstop since I upgraded. Overall I'm very happy with the upgrade. I almost feel like I have a new ipad again!

iPad 2 64GB 3G+WiFi with iOS 7 ------ Hic Dracones Sunt

CampNLady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not impressed. Maybe I'm missing something but all I see is a change in the icons on the opening page. And I would prefer a transparent background. The way they are now, interferes with my chosen picture.
I AM noticing quite a battery drain. I'm going to pay particular attention to this but it appears to be a significant drain. I've never noticed my power below 50% and right now it's at 48%. Interesting that when charging...the charging icon is green. That may be why I'm noticing it more.

Most reactions

Latest posts