What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ios 6, missing youtube ?

stefyeffy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just upgraded to iOS 6 and there's no iPad YouTube anymore. I don't really care about having Siri so can I go back to iOS 5 ? YouTube is one of the main things I used on iPad. I see no point of the new update without YouTube.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, there is no way to downgrade back to iOS 5.x. Take a look in the App Store for the Google-made YouTube app. Or, I hear another app, Jasmine, does a pretty good job of viewing YouTube videos.

Marilyn

ziffos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jasmine does it for me :p

Also have a look at YouPlayer - it is basically YouTube on iPad - excellent - in fact I am thinking of getting "rid" of Jasmine. :mad:

Last edited:

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just upgraded to iOS 6 and there's no iPad YouTube anymore. I don't really care about having Siri so can I go back to iOS 5 ? YouTube is one of the main things I used on iPad. I see no point of the new update without YouTube.

If YouTube is your only serious loss you might as well upgrade and take advantage of having the latest OS with a few extra goodies as there are acceptable alternatives. I use Jasmine and it does the job quite well as a replacement for Youtube.

There seems to have been some cooling off in relationships between Google and Apple over some Applications. I suggest be patient and wait to see what Apple comes up with next. There are threads in this forum that in my opinion seem to feed off each other's negativity. Let them get on with their hand wringing about iOS6 while you move on in life and have a bit of fun telling SIRI you don't really care for her.
Regards, Andrew

G_Core

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Unfortunately, there is no way to downgrade back to iOS 5.x. Take a look in the App Store for the Google-made YouTube app. Or, I hear another app, Jasmine, does a pretty good job of viewing YouTube videos.

Marilyn

The Jasmine app doesn't work on my iPad....
It shows a pop up that says "YouTube cannot restrict feeds for this video (it shows like this in every single video)"

borderjoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I have the same problem with Jasmine except that it'll play some videos. I really like the way Jasmine shows when it does work. I'm not exactly complaining about IOS 6 but AM frustrated cos I'm not savvy enough to find my way around the problems affecting me..like the restricted feed on videos, loss of Autofill in Safari,
and loss of WiFi (tho I did sort that...thanks to Forum help!)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ziffos said:
Don't forget YouPlayer guys - it is excellent on my ipad3.

Yes, it'll play YouTube videos not normally playable on mobile devices.

Most reactions