What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can jailbroken new ipad upgrade to ios 6?

jskhew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can jailbroken new ipad upgrade to ios 6? Do this will occur what problems? Reply ASAP please,cause I'm gonna upgrade my jailbroken new ipad to ios 6 even though I knew it will remove jailbreak but I don't care.I just want to upgrade without any issue.Is unjailbreak needed?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
jskhew said:
Can jailbroken new ipad upgrade to ios 6? Do this will occur what problems? Reply ASAP please,cause I'm gonna upgrade my jailbroken new ipad to ios 6 even though I knew it will remove jailbreak but I don't care.I just want to upgrade without any issue.Is unjailbreak needed?

You should remove the jailbreak and then update.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The easiest thing to do is connect the iPad to iTunes and then, in the Summary page (on the right), select check for update. iTunes should respond saying that there is a newer version and do you want it. Accept "yes" and iTunes will begin the work to update.

Just in case (and this applies to all updates) - make a backup, just in case. It won't hurt and may help.

This is different from previous upgrades. Starting with iOS 5 - you don't have to remove the jail break before upgrading. Do note, though, that you must use iTunes with a jail broken iPad; you can't take advantage of the over-the-air update function.

Marilyn

Felicia1981

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 3 & updating to iOS6 after reverse jb

I have new iPad that I jailbroke and after messing with it a few days I wasn't impressed with cydia so I decided to reverse the jailbreak.... So like all the other apple owners yesterday I upgraded my iPad and now have Siri which is great but I noticed that I still have siriport.ru certificate as trusted, so not sure if I should leave it alone everything is working correctly but if I need to take to apple for anything won't this void any warranty??? Any advice??? Thanks :)

1337RYoN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys. I have a jailbroken iPad 3 and I want to update it OTA. The option was available in software update.
So I want to know if there will be any problems if I update it OTA instead of using iTunes. Please reply ASAP. Thanks!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I have a jailbroken iPad 3 and I want to update it OTA. The option was available in software update.
So I want to know if there will be any problems if I update it OTA instead of using iTunes. Please reply ASAP. Thanks!

You cannot use the OTA option on a jail broken iPad; you MUST use iTunes to either Restore or Update the iPad.

It will not work.

Marilyn

elazm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem after OTA upgrade IOS 6 to jailbreaked IPad 3

You cannot use the OTA option on a jail broken iPad; you MUST use iTunes to either Restore or Update the iPad.

It will not work.

Marilyn

I do that :( , I upgrade my jailbreaked ipad 3rd (wifi+cellular) IOS 5.1.1 to IOS 6 with OTA (through WIFI Ipad upgrade) , during upgrade (2min only ) the Ipad shows black screen with USB cable and word (ITunes)

i tried to download frimware IOS 5.1.1 and restore with ITunes and it give me Errors like 3194, 1601....etc

how I can solve that problem ? , please ASAP

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, at this time, you cannot install iOS 5.1.1 on that iPad; you can only install iOS 6. Apple has stopped approving any iOS other than the most current (iOS 6). Retry upgrading with iTunes - this time with the most current version.

Marilyn

cookie0294

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New iPad ios 6 update with jailbreak

DONT UPDATE IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR JAILBREAK!!!!! I just updated my ipad to ios 6 and i tried to install a jailbreak and it wasn't compatible. There probably will be a jailbreak in the near future for ios 6 on the new ipad, but until that happens, don't update your ipad unless you want to get rid of your jailbreak.

athan223

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how can i remove jailbreak? i tried many times and also in itunes but still same problem! and i cannot upgrade my ipad to iso6!

please help...

thank you

mcleod

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I own a jail broken Ipad2, which i updated to ios 6.1, over the air. I was not aware that I was supposed to do it only using iTunes.
Anyway, now the screen displays the "Connect to iTunes" message. When i do connect, i am told to 'Restore' my Ipad, because it is on recovery mode.
It takes about 2 hours, but at the end, after the software verification is happening, i get an error message/ failed message, error no. 3014.
I tried and failed 5 times. How do I restore/ get it working again?

Please help.

MILJAN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cookie0294 said:
DONT UPDATE IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR JAILBREAK!!!!! I just updated my ipad to ios 6 and i tried to install a jailbreak and it wasn't compatible. There probably will be a jailbreak in the near future for ios 6 on the new ipad, but until that happens, don't update your ipad unless you want to get rid of your jailbreak.

That's nothing new. Of course you will always lose jailbreak after update to new version off IOS. Good news is that new Jailbreak will be in a couple of days, for people who have IOS 6.

Sent from my iPad 4

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I own a jail broken Ipad2, which i updated to ios 6.1, over the air. I was not aware that I was supposed to do it only using iTunes.
Anyway, now the screen displays the "Connect to iTunes" message. When i do connect, i am told to 'Restore' my Ipad, because it is on recovery mode.
It takes about 2 hours, but at the end, after the software verification is happening, i get an error message/ failed message, error no. 3014.
I tried and failed 5 times. How do I restore/ get it working again?

Please help.

Follow the guide in the post from Gabriel, directly before your post.

Most reactions